Smoke machine

• RMweb Gold

I use haze and smoke machines for my other hobby (lighting and laser for a band). Most use water based liquids so shouldnt be corrosive. The issue is the exteme heat used to vapourise the liquid and the volume which it dispenses. I know some folks are experimenting with the smoking vape machines that are now readily available. Again, they have issues as well as u need to draw air in with the liquid over the coil to create the vape!

Smoke oil vaporisers are available from a  variety of sources. I have a 12V, 0.7 - 2.5A unit  by Hunter Systems intended for model boats, but which works equally well for creating 'fug' on a model railway. Turned down as low as it would go it made quite enough fug to keep a large loco shed roof filled, while leaking out through its chimneys. Good effect as locos emerged with some trailing vapour. (None of my locos used with this unit have suffered any ill effect in the dozen years since.)

23 hours ago, ianLMS said:

I use haze and smoke machines for my other hobby (lighting and laser for a band). Most use water based liquids so shouldnt be corrosive. The issue is the exteme heat used to vapourise the liquid and the volume which it dispenses. I know some folks are experimenting with the smoking vape machines that are now readily available. Again, they have issues as well as u need to draw air in with the liquid over the coil to create the vape!

I came across a video by Adam Savage on YouTube - can't seem to find it now - where they connected a vape pen with a fishtank air pump to create the "breath" needed to get smoke from it.