If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

Hello! (again)

Guest JiLo

Hi

I'm a returnee rather than a new member, been on and off over the past 10+ years, under various usernames (mostly 40-something)

Have had a break from a while to concentrate on re-modelling my house and deciding what direction I want to go in with my modelling.  Up until a few weeks ago I had projects from N to O covering various regions, era's and countries!

I've decided to focus on 4mm/16.5mm and HO.  I'm currently building a small 4mm shunting layout with a midlands 1980's feel, and planning a small 4mm end to end passenger/parcels with engineers sidings to fiddle-yard set on the southern region in the early 90's.  Future plans after that include an HO 1980's DB layout for which I'm currently collecting stock and learning about prototype details (and learning German!)

I prefer building kits for wagons, rather than RTR, but I'm not averse to using RTR where the kits aren't available or are overly complicated.  I'm a 'if it looks right' modeller.  Motive power is 99% RTR, with 1 kit sitting in a drawer somewhere, which may or may not get built!  All the RTR I have gets a going over from, at a minimum, renumber and weathering, to a full respray and detail (love tinkering with old Lima loco's).  I also take on resprays for other folk no and again, but I don't promote it as a business.

I'm a DCC user, and have recently upgraded from an NCE Powercab which I've had for 10+ years to a Roco z21 system, which is a complete revelation!!!  Whilst there was nothing wrong with the NCE, I'd recommend it to anyone (and indeed the other 3 members of my small modelling group use NCE), I felt the need for a change.  I bought the starter White z21 rather than the Black Z21 as the extra features on the Z21 would be redundant to me.    I also use servo's to control points, via Megapoints control.

Although I'm a  'if it looks right' modeller as I've said above, one of my pet hates is seeing the wrong stock/era combinations, really gets my goat!!!!  Or beautifully weathered loco's with straight out of the box rolling stock!

And text speak.  My god I hate that.  Especially people who use lol.  Grrrr.   Sorry, off on a tangent there....

My other interests include WW2 Luftwaffe modelling (haven't done any in a loooong time though), motor racing and DIY.  How I manage to fit it all in between working and family, god only knows!

Anyway, thanks for reading my drivel and I hope I can contribute positively on this forum

Joe