Edinburgh Haymarket Help

• RMweb Gold

I'm wondering if anyone has any images or knows of where images might be found of Edinburgh's Haymarket station prior to the modernisation, and possibly even further back when the bridge from the main station building was extant?

I'm also interested in the access to the platform side which had the original bay. In what I've seen it looks like it used to be a ramp, but it's not entirely conclusive.

Best

Scott

• 4 months later...

If it is the building you are looking for I can help, I was given these photographs by someone that I forget, and I used them to produce a "scalescenes" type kit for the staiton building

DSC01933a.JPG.e0094f873dab9d4d54e1a762ea35a447.JPG

DSC01937.JPG

Edit to add - the real goldmine is here  https://canmore.org.uk/search/image?SIMPLE_KEYWORD=haymarket station&images_page=1

Photos, drawings the lot!

Jim

Edited by luckymucklebackit
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 10/12/2019 at 13:21, luckymucklebackit said:

If it is the building you are looking for I can help, I was given these photographs by someone that I forget, and I used them to produce a "scalescenes" type kit for the staiton building

DSC01933a.JPG.e0094f873dab9d4d54e1a762ea35a447.JPG

DSC01937.JPG

Edit to add - the real goldmine is here  https://canmore.org.uk/search/image?SIMPLE_KEYWORD=haymarket station&images_page=1

Photos, drawings the lot!

Jim

Thanks Jim,

I always forget about the Canmore site. Some great drawings on that link. Much appreciated.

Best

Scott