• RMweb Premium

The post man doesn't knock at our house, not once, not twice, not ever.....

He doesn't need to.

Our Patterdale Terrorist* doesn't give him the chance, barking the house down, threatening dire retribution on anyone brave enough to even approach our front door.

Open the door, however, and he runs and hides. Guerilla tactics, I suppose. He who runs away gets to fight another day.....

So todays postal visit failed to bring the usual bills, junk mail, get rich quick schemes, or even tasty take away menus. (the menus are tastier than the offerings).

Today brought this

2019_0719GranthamSteamFair2010003.JPG.2255530a5eda9fc8ab59cd30357b2529.JPG

I will leave it to you afficianados to have a guess, shouldn't be too difficult.

I get the feeling that it might be a while before I start it though, I see that Eileen's are still out of Round Tuits. When will they ever be back in stock.

Bogies to source, floors and rooves to sort out, plus all the undergubbins not to mention one of those panty hose things for the top. And to gain some experience first.

I will change the thread title to something more appropriate once the guessers have guessed and the guests have left.

Regards

Ian

Edited by Ian Smeeton
Title
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

* Patterdale Terrorist..... a waste of time trying to negotiate with him.

He is affectionately (!) known in our house as the Little Sh1t.

Mainly because he is small, round, brown, warm and smelly.

Psst...... Wanna buy a dog?

Regards

Ian

• Funny 1

Looks like some ‘blue trains’.

Interesting, as there now seems to be two sources for these. One from Worsley with the correct window pattern and a resin/printed version with only 3 top light windows.

so, as I want to build some of these, it will be interesting to see how these go together and I’m assuming roofs and chassis build will not be any more complex than getting the bodies constructed in a sensible manner.

Good Luck,

Stu from EGDL.

• RMweb Premium

I knew that it wouldn't be long before someone got the right answer.

Just off to re-title the topic now.

incidentally, what is the source for the resin/printed one.

Alllen has drawn these up for 2mm scale, rather than N or 00, however, he seems to be able to rescale virtually everything in his catalogue.

One thing that I don't have to worry about is motorising them.

As they are for Paisley St James in pre-electrification days, there doesn't seem to be much point, unless I use the EMU to push one of these.....

p3234266397-2.jpg

The plan is to have them 'on delivery' from Pressed Steel, but we are some years away from plans being delivered.

Regards

Ian