Source of central door locking lights?

Can anyone suggest a source of 00 scale central door locking lights?  I am after the basic square amber lights for fitting to Mk2 coaches.

Hurst makes them but they are out of stock and, knowing Hurst, it will probably be some time before they are made again, hence the search for an alternative source.

Best wishes

Roddy

10 hours ago, Ragtag said:

I think Railtec do these as a 3D transfer if that's any good to you

Thanks very much for the reply Ragtag, but I a hoping to get ones which project, like the real ones.  The Hornby Scotrail 2fs have the CDLs printed on but they look better with the Hurst replacements, unfortunately I don't have enough for a complete rake.  I will probably use the Railtec transfers for the emergency door releases, which are missing  on the Hornby models, either straight on the models or using the Hurst etches for relief.

Thanks once again for taking the time to reply.

Roddy

3 hours ago, Roddy Angus said:

Thanks very much for the reply Ragtag, but I a hoping to get ones which project, like the real ones.  The Hornby Scotrail 2fs have the CDLs printed on but they look better with the Hurst replacements, unfortunately I don't have enough for a complete rake.  I will probably use the Railtec transfers for the emergency door releases, which are missing  on the Hornby models, either straight on the models or using the Hurst etches for relief.

Roddy

If it helps, the Railtec 3d orange door light markers already have the relief built in:

9076-2.jpg

They can be found here:

http://www.railtec-models.com/showitem.php?id=3767

There's also the flat 2d variant available too, if people want:

http://www.railtec-models.com/showitem.php?id=2295

...although the 3d ones have been proving rather popular.

Hope this helps,
Steve

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks very much Steve, I didn't realise that you were doing 3d versions now, I will be ordering shortly.

Can I just check, I've had a look but do you also do 3d emergency door release decals?

Once again, thanks very much.

Roddy

I use 0603 LEDs - cheap as chips. Can get 20 of these for a quid, same with the resistors and wire them to a function on the decoder. I'm sure you could even through wire a few coaches to run from one decoder if it was just for the hazard lights.

20190819_165732.jpg.6042dd755d3ca4ee0e4a989378c9ace1.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 4 months later...
On 24/08/2019 at 09:19, Roddy Angus said:

Roddy

Old tread bump- what is the Railtec item number for the emergency door releases for CDL please?

8 hours ago, fiftyfour fiftyfour said:

Old tread bump- what is the Railtec item number for the emergency door releases for CDL please?

They are item no. 9076. The 3D versions look a lot better than the usual flat ones.

Best wishes

Roddy

3 hours ago, Roddy Angus said:

They are item no. 9076. The 3D versions look a lot better than the usual flat ones.

Best wishes

Roddy

No, that's just the lights- earlier in this thread you said they also did the emergency door releases to go on the bottom of the carriages near the doors but I cannot find them on the Railtec website and I need these more than the lights. I home made my own CDL lights by cutting up sheets of plasticard but the Lima and Lima derived Hornby stuff (eg Mk3 Sleeper) needs the red handle in white housing to complete the job.

Sorry about that, the perils of responding to something to quickly. 

I've also had a look but can only find the normal door release buttons (9075) but not the emergency door releases.  I am wondering if I got mixed up and was thinking of someone else's decals at the time. Precision Labels do door release labels (ref L91A) which you might be able to use.  I didn't end up using decals as I realised the Hornby Scotrail Mk2fs had then already printed, it was just difficult to see them in that livery.  

Sorry once again about the confusion.

Best wishes

Roddy

• 2 weeks later...

answering my own question- you get enough CDL release handles in the Precision pack to do nine coaches, so that's a HST set with two spares in my currency. It comes with CDL lights (which are too flat and large, discard these and use the excellent Railtec 3D ones), 18x original style red release handles in red surrounds and 18x later style with the green instruction stickers around the handles.

Most particularly useful for the Lima First Great Western "fag pack" livery rake which had mysterious white squares printed where the release handles go (presume the extra colour wasn't able to be done economically/reliably 20 years ago) which are now filled with the precision labels, remembering of course not to repeat the Lima error (same error from Hornby) and put a release handle where there isn't an adjacent CDL operated door (ie brake van end of TGS and buffet counter end of caterer).

Now leaving it all for 24 hours to see if the Railtec CDL lights need something to seal them down or if they stay on the coach all by themselves- I'm hoping for the latter...