N Gauge Swiss ‘railcars/triebwagon’

RateTheFreight

Evening all,

is anyone one aware or a manufacturer who produces RTR Swiss railcars or ‘triebwagons’ such as the De 4/4’s that operated on the Montreux - Oberland - Bernois railway or the Abe 4/4’s?

At this stage I’d be interested in any kind of railcar available so welcome any tips.

thanks 

Edited by RateTheFreight

• RMweb Premium

The only one that springs to mind is Lemaco/Lematec. If you search on Ebay for <(lemaco, lematec) N> you will find today one MOB carriage on offer in Nm. Then click on 'Completed Listings' and you'll find a couple more coaches, and a (sold) RhB elecric loco, among the standard gauge N scale offerings. I don't remember seeing Nm MOB items from Ferro Suisse or HRF, but I could be wrong of course. (Just checked their websites; HRF only currently shows H0 and H0m scale, and Ferro Suisse only H0, H0m and 0m).

Models are no longer made under the Lemaco brand. Manufacture was transfered to the Lematec label and is still ongoing, but their web site only lists standard N not Nm.

Some of the other folk who would know about such items are unfortunately no longer on RMweb. If I think of some others to look for  I'll add another message.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
22 hours ago, RateTheFreight said:

Evening all,

is anyone one aware or a manufacturer who produces RTR Swiss railcars or ‘triebwagons’ such as the De 4/4’s that operated on the Montreux - Oberland - Bernois railway or the Abe 4/4’s?

At this stage I’d be interested in any kind of railcar available so welcome any tips.

thanks 

Can you help with a bit more detail of what you are after - they may be hens teeth or rocking horse poo depending on what you are after.

RTR Swiss rail cars covers a multitude of standard and narrow gauge options but not so many on the narrow gauge such as MoB. Continental N gauge is 1:160 scale and runs on 9mm track as standard gauge. Nm as near to prototype remains 1:160 but runs on 6.5mm (z gauge) track.  Kato and some others are promoting a hybrid at 1:150 scale with narrow gauge outline models  but running on 9mm track but no railcars in this scale that I am aware of yet.

The Lemaco Nm items are great but eye wateringly expensive - https://www.ebay.fr/itm/273931274032 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Here's a better resource for you - Messingers are a trader in Switzerland, who have a section for Nm on their new (https) website (I've not looked in this section before). I see that in addition to Lemaco, they offer items from Lok14 and Westmodell. At time of writing there is a Lemaco MOB GDe4/4 on offer accompanied by four carriages for CHF1200.

In the photogalerie there are pictures of other items which have passed through their hands including an MOB section. As far as I can tell, none of those models are in Nm scale.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 years later...