Jump to content

CottesmoreRail

Model Railway Derailment | Apethorne Junction.

Recommended Posts

Il start this by saying it’s obviously not my layout but I’m unable to find a topic setup for the layout itself, if there is one please provide the link and I will close this one.

 

I saw the layout for the first time and it’s been a long time since a layout really “Inspired” me to do more on my own layout but it’s just amazing, a full credit to the operators. 
 

The bit that really made it special was the lunch time derailment scene that’s staged so the operators can get some lunch, it’s just beautiful and staged amazingly. 
 

Model Railway Derailment | Apethorne Junction.
 

 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brilliant! The only thing that wasn't prototypical

was the quick response from the crane gang :) 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, rab said:

Brilliant! The only thing that wasn't prototypical

was the quick response from the crane gang :) 


Call it the magic of editing? Lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Impressive ...... It's different & by the amount of people stopping and watching the re-railing it kept them amused as it did me watching the video..

 

Well done Aperthorn Junction

 

Jim

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What wasn’t staged was the snowplough launched over the buffers by an errant class 47. Luckily I stopped videoing seconds before it happened LOL 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 47606odin said:

What wasn’t staged was the snowplough launched over the buffers by an errant class 47. Luckily I stopped videoing seconds before it happened LOL 

 

 

Oh Noooooo .... Something that would have been different as well .... the crane & gang would seriously have been busy that day

 

Jim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jcarta said:

 

 

Oh Noooooo .... Something that would have been different as well .... the crane & gang would seriously have been busy that day

 

Jim


yes, however, it’s nice that it wasn’t posted everywhere as we all try to get things right. I recently had a set of bufferstops crushed by a 60, needless to say, that never made my final edit either 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 47606odin said:


yes, however, it’s nice that it wasn’t posted everywhere as we all try to get things right. I recently had a set of bufferstops crushed by a 60, needless to say, that never made my final edit either 


It’ll always happen, I love the bloopers sometimes. It’s just a shame they can be expensive bloopers! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seriously impressive, all of it.

 

It wasn't until the end that I realised I've seen this layout at, I think, Stoke Mandeville, several years ago. It was the first time I'd heard sound-equipped model locos where I could shut my eyes and recognise the loco class by the noise.

 

I'm assuming that everything is deeply researched, so can I ask when breakdown cranes got those flashing lights along the sole bars? In the early 1980s, I used to work around a big breakdown-type crane during engineering possessions, and I'm 99% sure it didn't have them - they would have been very noticeable/irritating at night. Mind you, it was painted red, rather than yellow, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/11/2019 at 22:56, Nearholmer said:

Seriously impressive, all of it.

 

It wasn't until the end that I realised I've seen this layout at, I think, Stoke Mandeville, several years ago. It was the first time I'd heard sound-equipped model locos where I could shut my eyes and recognise the loco class by the noise.

 

I'm assuming that everything is deeply researched, so can I ask when breakdown cranes got those flashing lights along the sole bars? In the early 1980s, I used to work around a big breakdown-type crane during engineering possessions, and I'm 99% sure it didn't have them - they would have been very noticeable/irritating at night. Mind you, it was painted red, rather than yellow, too.


I personally don’t know if they did or it’s their for rule 1 of making it your own, sorry. Perhaps others on RMWeb will know. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.