Sign in to follow this  
rue_d_etropal

LMS articulated railcar drawings

I am trying to find drawings for the LMS articulated railcar. I have found photos of models online, so presume someone must have found a drawing.

On doing gimp on one photo, I have got a feeling of size, but windows come out smaller  than standard LMS ones. I want to design a model for 3D printing.

Edited by rue_d_etropal
  • Like 1

I have a reference to an article being in the April 15 1938 supplement of the Railway Gazette, but cannot confirm it includes a drawing.

I suspect drawings are rare as David Jenkinson could only find a couple for his books on LMS coaches, and one of these is incorrect , and the other is just the underframe. It soundslike the Railway Gazette one might be the one printed in book, which is incorrect in some obvious ways so would be worried aboud detail which was not obvious.

Edited by rue_d_etropal
spell check

I thought that I had seen an article in Railway Magazine 1928 with the LMSR rail car but it was the 4 car version - unarticulated. There is, however, a nice drawing in the same article of a diesel-electric railcar for the San Sebastian - Pamplona  Railway!