Gaugemaster Ruby Decoder Range

Gaugemaster Controls

Welcome to our new range of decoders!

The decoders in the Ruby range are extremly reliable, and have been specially chosen to cover as many eventualities that may arise when you are running DCC locomotives. We also have the 'PowerPal', which can attach to the 'Standard' or 'Pro' Ruby decoders to give smooth running over dirty track or poor contacts.

The decoders have a whole host of features, including:

- 2 Digit and 4 Digit Addressing
- 128 Speed Step Operation (14 or 28 steps can also be used)
- 3 Step Speed Tables set start, mid, and max voltage for custom controls
- 28 Step Speed Tables with 256 level resolution for precise control
- Torque Compensation for smooth silent running
- Constant Brightness Lighting with directional or independent control, with effects
- Advanced Consisting
- Direct mode programming
- Decoder Reset CV with or without speed table reset
- Motor Isolation Protection helps prevent damage to your decoder
- Direct plug socket for DCC99 PowerPal (DCC90/91/94/95 only)

CLICK HERE to view the full range

rubynews.jpg.ea81141ae96cd9f3af889a41c85731ed.jpg

Dcc90.jpg.90ea676371b5e800593dd4fc3b6939f2.jpg

DCC90 Ruby Series 2 Function Standard DCC Decoder 8 Pin
Physical Size 17mm x 28mm x 7mm approx.
Only £18.95

dcc91.jpg.303c6c43c987dd58aa6b280c65a4002a.jpg

DCC91 Ruby Series 2 Function Standard DCC Decoder 21 Pin
Physical Size 21mm x 16mm x 4mm approx.
Only £19.95

dcc92.jpg.affe4fb883429c4ea8b9333239c35c59.jpg

DCC92 Ruby Series 2 Function Small DCC Decoder 8 Pin
Physical Size 12mm x 10mm x 3mm approx.
Only £20.95

dcc93.jpg.be3d849e58536586badd6e2bb38bfc03.jpg

DCC93 Ruby Series 2 Function Small DCC Decoder 6 Pin
Physical Size 10mm x 11mm x 3mm approx.
Only £24.95

dcc94.jpg.3889751892cf089142dfd52242549b73.jpg

DCC94 Ruby Series 6 Function Pro DCC Decoder 8 Pin
Physical Size 17mm x 27mm x 7mm approx.
Only £29.95

dcc95.jpg.52e3cc927aa774213b4a3cb1ff3f6c5c.jpg

DCC95 Ruby Series 6 Function Pro DCC Decoder 21 Pin
Physical Size 21mm x 16mm x 4mm approx.
Only £29.95

dcc99.jpg.bd0b0be0c079cd0f823538adda1946ca.jpg

DCC99 Ruby Series PowerPal for use with DCC90/91/94/95
Physical Size 40mm x 14mm x 8mm approx.
The PowerPal is a capacitor that, when connected to the decoder, allows it to run over dirty track without losing performance.

- See the PowerPal in action on our stand at Warley!

Only £19.95

Prices correct as of 22nd November 2019

Edited by Gaugemaster Controls
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, friscopete said:

Seeing as how no one has run them down in the last 5 minutes i shall  say it all sounds good to me.

Possibly no response as it seems to be a boring announcement. Nothing seems to be new / different, beyond new colour. They look like the latest version of DCC Concepts decoders. They still have the large JST plug that makes installing more complex.

Hopefully there is more to them than first meets the eye.

Luke

The DCC92 (and possibly all of them) are repackaged Digitrax decoders. The red insulation covering, mentioning FX3 functionality and leaving the word Digitrax in the online instructions is a clue! From my experience better than DCC Concepts but not quite as good as Lenz / ESU / Zimo. 

• Informative/Useful 1

The DCC23 was the only Digitrax sourced decoder. The others were supplied by DCC Concepts, similar single and multipack packaging. Main difference was a lack of extra wires for Stay Alives and black rather than blue covers.

I haven't looked into the extra benefits of features that Digitrax sourced decoders will bring other than having lighting mouse suited to USA locos.

Although I've had a few Digitrax command systems (Big Boy in 1998, Zephyr in 2004 and currently a DT500 handset connected to Digikjies 5000) my decoders of choice are Lais (work great with CD drive ringfields) or Zimo where I feel the Lais can be improved upon.

• 3 weeks later...

The DCC23 has always been my 6 pin decoder of choice both with n gauge and 00 locos. My latest loco to need a decoder is a Heljan 05. My local shop only has the newer DCC93 decoders and hopefully there as good as the DCC23

However if they turn out to be dcc concepts rebadges ill be disappointed as the dcc concepts decoders of late have been very disappointing with stop start jerky performance. That's both the 8 and 21 pin versions. I tried the 21 pin version in more than 1 loco as well to be sure it wasn't the loco.

So are these definatly not dcc concepts rebadges?

• 4 months later...
Guest George

Hi I have installed the DCC95 into a new Dapol Class 52 DCC Ready OO loco and the decoder works well, however the low speed crawling  (creeping) is not evident, the locomotive goes abruptly stationary after a minimum value is input and jumps back to speed with the smallest increment above zero. Otherwise it runs impressively all along the range from medium to high speeds. I would like a smoother operation in slow speeds, in fact I am not able to get slow speeds at all. Please can you advise me accordingly.

Thanks

George

6 hours ago, Guest George said:

Hi I have installed the DCC95 into a new Dapol Class 52 DCC Ready OO loco and the decoder works well, however the low speed crawling  (creeping) is not evident, the locomotive goes abruptly stationary after a minimum value is input and jumps back to speed with the smallest increment above zero. Otherwise it runs impressively all along the range from medium to high speeds. I would like a smoother operation in slow speeds, in fact I am not able to get slow speeds at all. Please can you advise me accordingly.

Thanks

George

Try it with Back EMF disabled mate

Hi thanks for the suggestion, I had a look at the manual. It says there that CV 55 56 and 57 relate to Back EMF.

So do I need to dial down all the values there to zero?

I am not sure what is back EMF. I suspect it is something to do with a generating voltage from the motor opposing the supplied voltage to the motor. I also notice that my Oscilloscope shows the usual Pulse Width Modulation pattern when connected to the rails without noise. Once a little more voltage is applied electrical noise is present in the pattern as the loco starts to move. This noise is directed inwards from the peaks of the pattern. As I apply more and more voltage and by now the loco is moving very fast, the electrical noise disappears and my signal is cleaned up. Is this noise pattern the back EMF? I would like my loco to be able to creep, other decoders/locos that I have do not exhibit this behaviour, the signal is clean and they can creep along.

Edited by Deborail

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

i've been having a look at these, but i can't find any data on what size the stay alive, if it's anything below 2000 it's not really going to do allot. 

anybody known what the powerpal is rated at?

thanks

• 1 year later...