Hopper wagon used on wagon tipplers

Having being bought three  OO HUO wagons for xmas , i seem to remember reading that although they were bottom discharge , they may have also been used on wagon tipplers at power stations  . Having built a working wagon tippler will use these , poss putting them into internal use  , i also have 5 HTV and a few HTO hoppers , so does anyone know if these type of hopper wagons were used on wagon tipplers . I have seen a clip on you tube of hopper wagons at BSC Llanwern being used  poss for iron ore being emptied on a wagon tippler , or do i use rule 1  run what i want to and use modellers license.

IMG_20180506_192748.jpg.aa729aa45760faf357375ed059b84dae.jpg

1 hour ago, bazjones1711 said:

Having being bought three  OO HUO wagons for xmas , i seem to remember reading that although they were bottom discharge , they may have also been used on wagon tipplers at power stations  . Having built a working wagon tippler will use these , poss putting them into internal use  , i also have 5 HTV and a few HTO hoppers , so does anyone know if these type of hopper wagons were used on wagon tipplers . I have seen a clip on you tube of hopper wagons at BSC Llanwern being used  poss for iron ore being emptied on a wagon tippler , or do i use rule 1  run what i want to and use modellers license.

IMG_20180506_192748.jpg.aa729aa45760faf357375ed059b84dae.jpg

Baz,

The NCB certainly used wagon tipplers to empty both hopper and flat-bottomed wagons: see Paul Bartlett's site.

British Steel Landore used to have a tippler that dealt with incoming coke; it was a crafty design where wagons could either be inverted to empty them, or they could simply open the bottom doors and drop the load like that.

Llanwern used to take coking coal in a mixture of MDVs and HTVs from various sites, such as Silverdale; I'd be very surprised if they split the rake to keep like with like.

• Like 1