Bettleston TMD - N gauge depot

Jack079

Hi, I thought I would make a page about my latest N Gauge model railway project which is currently named Bettleston TMD but that name may yet change. It is set in the 2010's, it is being constructed to gain experience for a larger project in the future, but I thought the popular choice of depot layout was a good place to start for now.

The depot will consist of a two lane servicing shed, 2 diesel refuelling points, station office and car park. I will post more information and images when I have them. Thanks.

On 16/01/2020 at 14:22, Jack079 said:

This is the plan so far, It uses the Scenecraft  maintenance shed and refuelling point and I am going to scratch build the low relief warehouses for the background. Any further ideas are welcome.1F411BEF-C1DB-4F35-807B-5A4D3CD31114.jpeg.e590728fb0029c9923dc6f96dad4df19.jpeg

Hi Jack,

Would your plan make more sense if you exchanged the positions of the fuel storage tank and car park? I assume the fuel for the locos would be delivered by rail? Therefore the offloading siding would be close to the storage tank-and you have one bottom right of your plan.

Just a thought.

can I ask what track you propose to use and  will you be DC or DCC? Good luck with your project,

Cheers

Duncan

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Duncan, I like the idea of switching the fuel tanks and car park, thanks for the idea. I am using peco code 55 track and DC at the moment but I want to use DCC in the future so I can operate multiple locos at the same time. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...