Rookie Workbench (Slater's Lowfit)

commsbloke

17 minutes ago, Baggies1961 said:

Any idea on where the air pipe is situated on the van wide? By that I mean does it hang loose or parked as in a picture earlier on in your thread.

cheers

Julian.

Mine was hanging loose but the instructions show it attaches to a bracket that hangs down from the buffer beam between the coupling hook and the buffer.
I think that this bracket is one of the cast parts.

• 6 months later...

I have just bought a Slaters lowfit, should have read this thread again before I did as I notice on Slaters box the Wagon has Morton 4 shoes brakes which is correct for my chosen wagon. Alas on opening the box I am presented with clasp brakes.... Did Slaters ever produce a Morton 4 shoe version or is the artwork a piece of fiction please??? 

• RMweb Premium
31 minutes ago, 37114 said:

I have just bought a Slaters lowfit, should have read this thread again before I did as I notice on Slaters box the Wagon has Morton 4 shoes brakes which is correct for my chosen wagon. Alas on opening the box I am presented with clasp brakes.... Did Slaters ever produce a Morton 4 shoe version or is the artwork a piece of fiction please??? 

in the conflat instructions it says you can send the brake parts back for the alternative type. Give Slaters a ring. Both wagons were built in lots with either type of brakes I think.

My standard van came with a load of spares including clasp brake shoes and different W irons. I just got the meat wagon expecting the same spares and it doesn't have any. Not sure now if the spares in the standard van were deliberate or I got a rogue sprue thrown in!

Edited by Hal Nail
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Hal Nail said:

in the conflat instructions it says you can send the brake parts back for the alternative type. Give Slaters a ring. Both wagons were built in lots with either type of brakes I think.

Thanks, that is great to hear, will do.