Hattons 2020 Heljan Beyer Garratt.

Guest Panshot

Guest Panshot

Hi Peeps,

If you procure one of these please be more than really careful when handling the wiring loom for and inserting the decoder. Wires will come off really easily leaving you with the headache of either taking it back to get the shop to make good the repair even replace it or you doing it yourself. Nothing is colour coded.  All is black or red & hair thin wires. There is no schematic included with the model. Just you & your multimeter trying to work out what went where!

The PCB in mine had not been cleaned of flux too. Soldering does leave a lot to be desired with either too little or way too much.

Nearly all the moulded attachments are push click fit & they will too come away very easily on you. I've since carefully glued anything lose.

Back to the wiring for the decoder.  Pin 1 'orange wire' is clearly marked in underside PCB. I unsoldered what was there & in its place directly to the underside of the PCB soldered a female 8 pin NEC so the decoder now plugs directly onto the circuit board. 

If you are into fitting Seuthes - No9 fits very nicely if you move speaker back and there is loads of room to fit stay alive, engine box flicker, cab light, additional running lights etc.

Its a fantastically detailed model. Loads of traction power. It runs at the slowest setting you have available without that 'motor hum strain' you get with many other loco's. 

Now I have resolved the few niggling issues it came with?  I am more than happy with my latest acquisition.

Edited by Panshot
Add Tags

• AY Mod locked this topic