Freemo open weekend

Chris Gilbert1

If anyone is interested in we are holding a freemo meeting at Armitage village hall on the 4th and 5th of April.

Opening times are 11.00 - 6.00 on the Saturday and 10.00 - 4.00 on the Sunday and the costs are £10 each day and that includes a light lunch. 

There is no need to bring anything as all rolling stock or locomotives as these are provided. 

If you wish to get on the call sheet and operate a train or two, you will be required to bring a smart phone. 

If you’re interested please email me at chrisgilbo@me.com. Unfortunately because of insurance requirements we can not accept anyone who has not pre-booked. 

Any profits made from the weekend will go toward our new yard. 

37F6548A-F561-4208-A334-B0CB4ADE826B.jpeg

E87DF340-D34E-4696-91F4-05EFA6A07143.png

7161702F-F0AB-4030-BA6A-B7C3B6D1AA36.jpeg

4261CDAC-0FEC-4CFB-BBE3-78DD1E52FB5C.png

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium

I went for the very first time at their last meeting in January. I was made to feel really welcome and the whole experience of operating with a purpose on a large layout was an eye opener for me. Really enjoyable. So much so that I joined the group and will be back in April

• Like 2

I cannot attend this one due to it being my friend's birthday and I've already agreed to take her out on the Sunday, (the saturday is spent with our daughters), but i'd very much be interested in attending a future event here, I enjoyed attending the US exhibitions held at the venue in the past and the idea of participating on a large layout such as this is very appealing.

• RMweb Gold

Well if you’re interested in getting involved there’s a meet in Epsom in a couple of weeks, Devon in May and this one Chris invited people to. All ask for a donation towards running them as it’s a relatively small group to hire a hall so it’s usually £10-12 a day at basic cost covered. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
32 minutes ago, NickBrad said:

Epsom and Devon are a bit too far for me from Lincoln, Armitage is drivable though.

You say that, but the Romans built Fosse Way between Lincoln and Exeter, and Ermine Street down to London, with these very journeys obviously in mind...

• Funny 4

• 3 weeks later...