Metcalfe 00 Manor Farm buildings

https://www.metcalfemodels.com/product/po252-00-h0-manor-farm-buildings/

I’m considering adapting this kit for a project. Can anyone who has one or has built one tell me the width of just the lean-to section on the right, on its own? The plan only has the combined dimensions for the cow shed and lean-to. Also it would be useful to know the dimensions of the doorway into the lean-to section, if anyone knows that. Thanks.

The N scale version has more detailed dimensions: https://www.metcalfemodels.com/product/pn951-n-scale-manor-farm-buildings/

From looking at some of the other dimensions it seems that it isn’t a completely straight scale-up but it should give the lean-to section as about 60-70mm on the 4mm scale version. I’d still be interested to know the door dimensions though if anyone knows them.

If you look at the downloads section on that page it lets you download the footprint of all the buildings. As you know the overall width of the building is 205mm and that you can measure the distance between the dividing walls as they are marked on the plan, And look equidistant you can work out the size that it is. Or you can just cut the bit off that you want and use that as the base plan. So you can just use the bit you want. job done.

Edited by cypherman
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, cypherman said:

If you look at the downloads section on that page it lets you download the footprint of all the buildings. As you know the overall width of the building is 205mm and that you can measure the distance between the dividing walls as they are marked on the plan, And look equidistant you can work out the size that it is. Or you can just cut the bit off that you want and use that as the base plan. So you can just use the bit you want. job done.

Is it actually to scale though? Also I’m still unsure about the doorway dimensions but that’s less of a problem as it can be modified.

Edited by 009 micro modeller