Kingsmill (modern image engineers yard)

Andrew P

Gone but not forgotten Kingsmill was 9 ft  x 22 inches scenic PLUS 4 ft sector plate fiddle yard and was in Model Rail May 2008 and Railway Modeller July 2009.  I had DCC operation in the yard and normal DC for the platform road as I had not converted all my Bachmann 158 units to DCC. Kingsmill was a small engineers yard set in the peak district with passenger sevices to Nottingham, Manchester and Sheffield  and a small refueling point for visiting locos. The back scene was hand painted by myself using water colour and acrilic paints. All the stock was sold off when I switched to O gauge and the main boards used on St Budoc. As I have just started Glen Roy I have had to re buy some of the same type of locos I had 2 years ago. ( the model shops dream customer ).Â

post-9335-127394946969_thumb.jpg

post-9335-127394948888_thumb.jpg

post-9335-127394951291_thumb.jpg

post-9335-127394953346_thumb.jpg

post-9335-127394956166_thumb.jpg

post-9335-12739495827_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

Although Kingsmill is in the Galleries section I made the mistake of not allowing comments so I am posting some more pic's on here for you all to hopefully enjoy. I really do miss this Layout and it's successor Dees Dale is already on it's way and I will have a blog for that as soon as Glen Roy and St Budoc are finished. 

post-9335-128016363285_thumb.jpg

post-9335-128016372286_thumb.jpg

post-9335-128016379104_thumb.jpg

post-9335-128016388069_thumb.jpg

post-9335-128016393778_thumb.jpg

post-9335-128016402127_thumb.jpg

post-9335-128016411694_thumb.jpg

post-9335-128016421515_thumb.jpg

post-9335-128016431372_thumb.jpg

post-9335-128016437704_thumb.jpg

post-9335-128016446505_thumb.jpg

post-9335-128016458832_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...

Superb mate, I can remember the article and I still have it in my box of inspirational layouts.

This really inspired me way back when I was starting pilot road and Charlie street.

Really great layout mate and it's a huge shame it was broken up, I hope the same fate doesn't happen to deeping

Great to see it again

Hi

A cracking set of pics.....Really sets the scene.......Lots of action but doesn't look overcrowded..... A difficult skill to achieve.

I particularly like the stock storage on shelves above the layout

Hopefully look forward to more pics

Cheers Bill

• RMweb Premium

Hey Andy, I hope I haven't opened up a can of worms with my requests for Kingsmill images? It just seemed a shame that such an excellent layout, deceased or not, wasn't still available for people to view. It's a little stunner, so I'll add a few more pics to the ones you've sent me.

All the best,

Jeff

Hey Andy, I hope I haven't opened up a can of worms with my requests for Kingsmill images? It just seemed a shame that such an excellent layout, deceased or not, wasn't still available for people to view. It's a little stunner, so I'll add a few more pics to the ones you've sent me.

All the best,

Jeff

hi Jeff yes I will put some more on here later and you can save them from here, Cheers again.

• RMweb Premium

Some more photos to collect - excellent. The first photo of post 20 is very good - that class 31 is nicely weathered and looks the business...and I'm not a real BR blue fan,

What happened to all your Bulleids Andy? If you are a Derbyshire guy I'd have thought you'd be more LMS anyway.

Good fun looking at all these images. Cheers.

Jeff

Some more photos to collect - excellent. The first photo of post 20 is very good - that class 31 is nicely weathered and looks the business...and I'm not a real BR blue fan,

What happened to all your Bulleids Andy? If you are a Derbyshire guy I'd have thought you'd be more LMS anyway.

Good fun looking at all these images. Cheers.

Jeff

Borne and Bred in Plymouth Jeff, the Bullieds were sold to an EX DEALER, EX FRIEND, from Southampton / Portsmouth who took them in P/X for a couple of new releases, but went out of business a couple of days later. I used to go to his house to collect stock out of hours and give him and his wife a bottle of wine at Xmas, I thought he was a friend as well as a dealer, I had known him for about 15 plus years, he had the locos at home but I never saw them again

• RMweb Premium

Borne and Bred in Plymouth Jeff, the Bullieds were sold to an EX DEALER, EX FRIEND, from Southampton / Portsmouth who took them in P/X for a couple of new releases, but went out of business a couple of days later. I used to go to his house to collect stock out of hours and give him and his wife a bottle of wine at Xmas, I thought he was a friend as well as a dealer, I had known him for about 15 plus years, he had the locos at home but I never saw them again

Plymouth? I've only been there once - my friend's father lived there and I spent a lovely week in the city in August 1999 at the time of the Total Eclipse of the sun (it was cloudy on the day!!).

So I'm guessing you were heavily influenced by Laira Shed?

If you miss the Bulleid pacifics, why not start up a mini-layout based around a Southern Railway theme? Sorry, I know you have plenty of projects on the go! Plymouth at the Devon/Cornwall border - Trebudoc meets Kernow!!

Cheers,

Jeff

Had a spell back in Buckfast, Devon 1988 - 1990 and used to pop down to Lira, Newton Abbott, Totnes, Dawlish and Exeter St Davids, for a bit of therapy. It was the end of the 50's and HST in Blue Grey so nothing exicting apart from the Hoovers.

Archived