Roco z21/Megapoints DCC Module

Guest Half-full

Guest Half-full

Hi

I've been using a Megapoints DCC Module with my NCE PowerCab system for a good while with no problems at all, reprogramming it numerous times.

Recently I've bought a Roco z21 and I've tried to reprogram the DCC Module to accept commands from the z21 with no success, I've taken another unused module and programmed it with the z21 and it works fine, plugged it into the NCE controlled layout, reprogrammed it no probs, moved it back to the z21 layout and nothing!!!

Has anyone else experienced this?  Is there a way to reset the DCC Module to factory settings?  I've emailed Megapoints a couple of times with no response (which is odd as I've always found them extremely helpful)

HF

you have probably fallen foul of the fact that Roco by default starts the address 4 digits higher than other people, so when you issue think you are sending 1 you are sending 5.

You can change this by logging into your z21 and changing the option to set the addressing in the same way that other people interpret it.

Guest Half-full
20 minutes ago, WIMorrison said:

you have probably fallen foul of the fact that Roco by default starts the address 4 digits higher than other people, so when you issue think you are sending 1 you are sending 5.

You can change this by logging into your z21 and changing the option to set the addressing in the same way that other people interpret it.

Thanks for your reply, is there a quick/easy way of doing this?  Bit of a DCC luddite!

Guest Half-full
15 minutes ago, Haymarket47 said:

Hi 

Might be worth contacting the chap, think his name is Dave, who owns the company. He’s very helpful.

I've mailed him a couple of times (as in my original post) with no answer.

I've dealt with Dave for a few years, he's always been extremely helpful

4 minutes ago, Half-full said:

I've mailed him a couple of times (as in my original post) with no answer.

I've dealt with Dave for a few years, he's always been extremely helpful

Oops, missed that, too much Guinness :huh:. Sorry

Edited by Haymarket47
Double post

You download the software from Roco  and connect to the z21 and put a tick into the box.

it is described in this forum several times and on the web.

full details here

https://www.z21.eu/media/Kwc_Basic_DownloadTag_Component/47-1136-693-downloadTag/default/815ac3c8/1557127295/z21-maintenance-english.pdf

you want to check the box that mentions RCN 213

Edited by WIMorrison

Guest Half-full
2 hours ago, WIMorrison said:

You download the software from Roco  and connect to the z21 and put a tick into the box.

it is described in this forum several times and on the web.

full details here

https://www.z21.eu/media/Kwc_Basic_DownloadTag_Component/47-1136-693-downloadTag/default/815ac3c8/1557127295/z21-maintenance-english.pdf

you want to check the box that mentions RCN 213

Thank you, much appreciated!