Ayr, the DB closed depot - what's happening there?

18B

An awkward site to redevelop in its present form, hemmed in by the railway on two sides and the football park on the other.  The local football club have been trying to move to a new stadium for years, it that happened the site would probably be given over to housing.  Falkland yard is another big desolate area now, track still in place and still owned by EWS but sees only the odd isolated working, even the Colas rail service to Prestwick runs round in the station rather than the yard as EWS would probably charge them for that.

Jim

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

On 17/03/2020 at 09:43, luckymucklebackit said:

An awkward site to redevelop in its present form, hemmed in by the railway on two sides and the football park on the other.  The local football club have been trying to move to a new stadium for years, it that happened the site would probably be given over to housing.  Falkland yard is another big desolate area now, track still in place and still owned by EWS but sees only the odd isolated working, even the Colas rail service to Prestwick runs round in the station rather than the yard as EWS would probably charge them for that.

Jim

Don’t think EWS have existed for a decade ! You must mean the Germans 

• RMweb Premium

Had 3 different spells at Ayr TMD at the start of my career, from YTS kid, then GPR Technical Clerk and finally Chief Clerk within the space of 5 years. So I ended up being in charge of the very people who had bossed me around when I was the YTS kid :lol:

Edited by Scottish-Exile
  • Like 1