Hornby R7146 TTS Class 08 Sound Decoder.

itsthegman

Hello Folks,

I've been looking for one of these for a little while unfortunately i'm late to the party, i have a couple more TTS decoders which after a speaker change sound ok.

My question is i've read that on some sites it's being shown as discontinued. Is there going to be a new version?.

Pandemic aside they seem like a nice cheap way to get some sounds i wonder if they will do some other versions - hopefully they make money from them.

Thx,

G.

The supply of TTS retro kits is cyclic. There is a minimum order of quantity for each production run, so there obviously needs to be some confidence in Hornby Marketing that the demand for any particular variant will be there.

If you watch their TTS retro kits product page you will see the various decoders come and go over time... E.g. Class 47 previously rare as hen’s teeth is now showing on the page.

• RMweb Premium
On 01/04/2020 at 19:48, RAF96 said:

The supply of TTS retro kits is cyclic. There is a minimum order of quantity for each production run, so there obviously needs to be some confidence in Hornby Marketing that the demand for any particular variant will be there.

If you watch their TTS retro kits product page you will see the various decoders come and go over time... E.g. Class 47 previously rare as hen’s teeth is now showing on the page.

Hi, Is there a URL for the TTS retro kits page please?

Thanks, Rob