C&L 7mm track parts

I wonder if a colleague on the forum could answer a question for me please?

I’m investigating my options with regard to combining some elements of Peco with C&L and would like to know the thickness of the plastic sleepers and timbers that C&L currently supply.

Thanks very much

Adrian

From my experience C&L and Peco components are interchangeable.  Timber thickness, IIRC,  is 3mm.  Some have said that C&L and Peco rail have different profiles and that, for example, Peco chairs can't be used with C&L rail.  Again, my experience is that this is not so.  The fit is tight but not impossible.

Peco components are easier to get I find, but then I'm overseas. 

I recommend that wooden timbers (Intentio in my case) be used instead of Peco's plastic ones.  I had curling of Peco timbers which scrapped a number of turnouts.

I haven't used these but they look interesting: https://greenwoodmodelrailwayproducts.co.uk/

John

Edited by brossard
  • Agree 1

Peco chairs with C&L chairs - not in my experience, Peco rail with C&L and other chairs yes. Peco rail isn't a true bullhead rail. In a moment of madness I did buy some Peco timbers and chairs but I doubt that I will be finding a use for them in the near future. The chairs can only be used with Peco rail which is more of a Flatbottom design and the timbers, which come in one length only are not solid, so if you cut them the end is open.

Personally I prefer the plywood timber variety, with Exactoscale chairs (only available now via S7 membership). I believe that similar if not the same are available elsewhere from such as Pheonix precision paints, Kargarin models and Greenwood Model products under the name of Permaway.

HiNi rail is also available from them.

• Agree 1