Hardy hobbies Manning Wardle

A simple kit from Hardy Hobbies. The body of the Manning Wardle H Class 0-4-0 comes almost completely from the printer. Only the roof, sandboxes and the backhead of the boiler have to be glued on. This is practical, because you can still easily place the crew in the narrow cab.
The painting, on the other hand, is not so easy, since you do not have any individual assemblies and so you have to paint everything or nothing, or you just have to tape it with difficulty. Hence the rather simple, black color dress of the locomotive.
It is also not easy to accommodate the decoder in the locomotive. I took the intended 4-pin decoder from Hornby. If you place it diagonally in the fire box and saw off the lower part of the backhead, for example up to just above the fire door, there is space for it. If there is the crew in front of it, it can hardly be seen and the upper part of the driver's cab remains intact.
The signs are from Narrow Planet and bear the name of one of my dogs.
A really nice, small locomotive model, I think, with very good driving characteristics, for a two-axle industrial locomotive.

IMG_20200515_190040789.jpg.30c385cf29006d3ff932e3eb1cd4dade.jpg

• Like 9
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1