Layout of 4REP underframe equipment

andyman7

I am restoring an MTK 4REP, repowered with a Replica powered chassis. I need to make up the underframe equipment for each power car but am struggling to get a decent reference for the layout of the various fuseboxes, generators, compressor etc. My books, online pictures and other searches have sadly failed to produce decent side on view or drawings and whilst I have been able to guestimate things to about 80% I thought I would ask whether anyone has or can link to a decent reference. There are a couple of old threads on RMWeb but they have either now lost the pictures or links to the bits that would probably help:

Any assistance is much appreciated!

Hi there

This is from the David Brown book Southern Electric Volume 2 which should give you a start at least. I will have a root around in my other books and magazines and see what else I might have.

Best wishes

Simon

IMG_1135.jpg

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the material, I've managed to make up resonably accurate sets of underframe equipment for both DMS vehicles. The material also revealed a previously overlooked bodge in the original MTK kit - the BFK supplied used the standard Mk1 bodyshell pressing, but I can see that the corridor side of the REP BFK has an extra door. That's really a compromise too far for me and I was contemplating what to do when I remembered that I had a spare MTK Mk1 BG bodyshell lying around. Careful cutting of the sides will produce a door and two half-windows that can make a new bodyside insert to replace the incorrect bodyside window. Wish me luck.....

Edited by andyman7

• RMweb Premium

The REP BFKs were converted from l/h CKs, hence the odd 'door with small windows' on the corridor side.

i.e. chop the 2nd class off a CK and replace with guard's area + luggage van.

Edited by keefer