Hornby R3919 66109 "Teesport Express"

TravisM

• RMweb Gold

I've recently bought the Hornby R3919 66109 "Teesport Express" because I recently saw it on the Toton - Boston steel empties and as I'm modelling Heckington, I thought it would look really cool to have a model of it.  I know it's the old Lima moulding and and therefore isn't up to today's higher standard but it's finish is frankly, awesome.  Apart from fitting a TTS sound chip, is there anything else I can do to improve it?

DSC_0011.JPG

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

If it were me I'd be looking at fitting full depth buffer beams and pipework - for my 66s and 59s I used the Lima/Hornby parts, sliced off the part of the buffer beam that attached it to the bogie and attached it to the chassis, and removed the couling mout from the bogie too. 

Lights are probably available as a kit, though it should be simple enough to produce something home made using LEDs and resistors.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
34 minutes ago, JDW said:

If it were me I'd be looking at fitting full depth buffer beams and pipework - for my 66s and 59s I used the Lima/Hornby parts, sliced off the part of the buffer beam that attached it to the bogie and attached it to the chassis, and removed the couling mout from the bogie too. 

Lights are probably available as a kit, though it should be simple enough to produce something home made using LEDs and resistors.

I was planning to have one end fully detailed and I’m hoping that there’s a lighting kit available which can be fitted without much fuss.

• RMweb Gold

have a look the bay, there is a seller doing light kits, i think they have a web site as well. i've flirted with the idea of doing the light upgrade to my colas 66 but then thought, can't be bothered, looks ok, sounds great (tts with upgraded speaker).

• Like 1