Bullied coach liveries

Piscator

I am trying to model BR Southern Region, Eastern and central ( Nine Elms & Eastleigh sheds) during the period 1958 -1960.

Can anybody confirm that Bullied coaches in Blood and Custard livery were still about in 1960. Despite a lot being repainted green I think some may still have been in use in this livery. I know that due to the BR thirty year rule there were sever shortages of rolling stock on the SR at this time and previously stored stock was brought back into use.

I have explored RM web but cannot find a definitive answer but I am relatively new to rm web ( or any forum actually) so apologise if this has been answered before. I do not know if this is even the right forum group. 

There is a blog from somebody that seems knowledgeable but I cannot find the mechanism to ask the blog writer a question.

Any help or advice would appreciated and a definitive answer great.

Thank you

Thank you Crompton 33. I have previously looked at the link you provided unfortunately it provided data concerning Maunsell and mk1 coaches but little definitive regards Bullied. But you have helped because I shall try contacting Colin direct.

• 2 weeks later...