PVA going blue

russ p

• RMweb Gold

I've just put a thick coat of PVA over my river bed which is painted in green wood stain and brown paint and it appears to be drying light blue I've used the same technique before and no hint of blue. 

Its only been down a couple of hours.  If I push it aside the base is still the riverbed colour.  The PVA is screwfixes own

Its been point out to me that the PVA tub itself looks concerned,  I think it looks absolutely terrified not sure what it can see down there!

IMG-20210201-WA0041.jpeg

• RMweb Gold

I'm not sure the wood stain is water based as was my previous one.  The riverbed has been down for about ten days . When I left it late night was sky blue will see how it is later im wondering if I can put another layer over it with coloured PVV

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, Dagworth said:

Had you marked the baseboard for cutting underneath the paint? I've seen ink make its way through numerous layers of paint in the past.

Andi

Cheers Andy, no there is no marking.  The riverbed colour is still there underneath 

Looks like you have two choices, either keep fingers crossed and hope it clears as it dries or strip it all off while you still can, personally I'd keep my fingers crossed and if it al goes wrong try coating over the top with a clearcoat with a tint

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, DGO said:

Looks like you have two choices, either keep fingers crossed and hope it clears as it dries or strip it all off while you still can, personally I'd keep my fingers crossed and if it al goes wrong try coating over the top with a clearcoat with a tint

I think I'm going to give it some time and see how it goes 

• Agree 1