Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Missing Layout.

Three years ago today, my car was stolen from outside my house in the hour between loading it up and departing for a show. 

I know it’s a long shot, but I’d love it if the layout was still out there. Maybe it found it’s way to a charity shop or something and somebody has it not knowing what it is. It would make me happy knowing somebody was getting some use out of it...

tyeHviT.jpg

fzw5pxc.jpg

Qvcli0W.jpg

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 14

1 hour ago, Rob Rossington said:

Three years ago today, my car was stolen from outside my house in the hour between loading it up and departing for a show. 

I know it’s a long shot, but I’d love it if the layout was still out there. Maybe it found it’s way to a charity shop or something and somebody has it not knowing what it is. It would make me happy knowing somebody was getting some use out of it...

tyeHviT.jpg

fzw5pxc.jpg

Qvcli0W.jpg

009? Not just the layout, but the locos and rolling stock - all of which look quite distinctive. Assuming whosoever has these items at present is willing to identify him/her self? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul H Vigor said:

009? Not just the layout, but the locos and rolling stock - all of which look quite distinctive. Assuming whosoever has these items at present is willing to identify him/her self? 

Yes 009 :) I was lucky in a way, as I’d left the stock in the house. I distinctly remember walking past the stock boxes as I finished loading the layout and thinking ‘I won’t put that in yet’. 

I’m hoping that if somebody does have it they obtained it through innocent means. I’ve been building its replacement over the last 12 months, so I don’t need it back as such. I’d just like to know what happened to it. 

1 hour ago, tomparryharry said:

Tasmanian Garratt?  Now that's a very distinctive  little model.  I hope you get some results from this.

Best wishes,

Ian.

It is indeed a TGR Garratt. I have two, the other one of which was knocked off a table at a show early last year (I’d entered it into a stock building competition) and needs putting back together! 

Edited by Rob Rossington
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 6

1 hour ago, Rob Rossington said:

Yes 009 :) I was lucky in a way, as I’d left the stock in the house. I distinctly remember walking past the stock boxes as I finished loading the layout and thinking ‘I won’t put that in yet’. 

I’m hoping that if somebody does have it they obtained it through innocent means. I’ve been building its replacement over the last 12 months, so I don’t need it back as such. I’d just like to know what happened to it. 

It is indeed a TGR Garratt. I have two, the other one of which was knocked off a table at a show early last year (I’d entered it into a stock building competition) and needs putting back together! 

I think I remember the original report of the theft, via 009 News?? I'm relieved your stock at least was safe. I guess we all leave things we'd rather not lose in our cars? Packing a car before travelling to a show seems like such a normal thing to do.

Leek & Manifold bogie van?

Edited by Paul H Vigor
to add information
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

This is my fault, but I thought that you'd had the lot taken.  What a relief!  I remember the original at the NRM.  At the time I was looking at 2 full-size fireless locomotives, and thinking they would make ideal working chassis  for an industrial-type Garrett.   

• Like 1

21 hours ago, tomparryharry said:

This is my fault, but I thought that you'd had the lot taken.  What a relief!  I remember the original at the NRM.  At the time I was looking at 2 full-size fireless locomotives, and thinking they would make ideal working chassis  for an industrial-type Garrett.   

Like this you mean?

With apologies for thread-drift. Glad you didn't lose your stock though. That would do me in !

IMG_20180926_0004.jpg.aae543e87d1782c10ec712c27d03d77f.jpg

Edited by Barclay
  • Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Barclay said:

Like this you mean?

With apologies for thread-drift. Glad you didn't lose your stock though. That would do me in !

IMG_20180926_0004.jpg.aae543e87d1782c10ec712c27d03d77f.jpg

Hello Mate, no, not me.  I misread the leading post here, and I got a bit (lot ) mixed up.  Apologies to Rob Rossington.

Some years back, there is/was some fireless locomotives dotted about the country. Most, if not all, will ever steam again. With that in mind, I thought about acquiring two of these, with the intent of using the chassis from both, and making  an industrial Garratt, with perhaps a longer boiler from a Hunslet 18" Austerity. 

Although technically feasible,  work got in the way. 

• Like 3