DCC Layout LED lighting

Scott Read

Hi Everyone,

Could anyone recommend a current DCC Accessory decoder to have an address to turn on/off LED lighting for my layout (possibly multiple addresses and ports, so I can have sectional lights), also in the future I'll also be looking for something to handle the switching on/off of a sleuth smoke unit for a factory smoke stack so if it could handle this to that would be great but open to using separate devices for this.

Currently, the only suggestion I've had is to jerry rig a point motor accessory decoder to a relay and then have the relay switch the Layout LEDs on, but I fell there must be a device that does this in one unit...

I agree with Iain that the Digikeijs DR4018 is one very good option.

It can control 16 on/off channels which can be used for lighting etc, each on its own address. Pay attention however to the max loadings - 3A in total but 2A on any pair of channels.

Yours, Mike

Thanks all I have seen the Digikeijs but thought it might be a big of a beast for the job but I guess it means I have more "options" for power districts. I'll give the Arduino a look as a have a few UNO spare too so it might be enough but if not will go Digikeijs route