South Eastern Finecast Turntable

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I used one of their shorter length kits for my layout Halifax Powell Street.

It was a little fiddly in places but I like it overall. It’s fits my small MPD much better than a 70ft one.

The details can be found on page 7:

I reference a Ratio kit for detailing and additional parts, I meant the classic Dapol ex Kitmaster kit.

Regards,

Pete

3 minutes ago, BurscoughCurves said:

... I meant the classic Dapol ex Kitmaster kit.

For absolute clarity, the original branding was Airfix, then Dapol - who now use the Kitmaster branding for some products.

If buying any ex-Airfix kits it is well worth sourcing, via Ebay, the original Airfix branded versions; the mouldings are MUCH sharper and the plastic is MUCH more rigid than the current Dapol / Kitmaster production.

John Isherwood.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
On 05/03/2021 at 12:46, cctransuk said:

For absolute clarity, the original branding was Airfix, then Dapol - who now use the Kitmaster branding for some products.

If buying any ex-Airfix kits it is well worth sourcing, via Ebay, the original Airfix branded versions; the mouldings are MUCH sharper and the plastic is MUCH more rigid than the current Dapol / Kitmaster production.

John Isherwood.

Ah, so are you hinting that my little stockpile of such kits might, after many years, have a resale value ;)

18 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

Ah, so are you hinting that my little stockpile of such kits might, after many years, have a resale value ;)

They certainly do - they command a modest premium over the price of new Dapol kits; (and rightly so).

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• Like 1