Bachmann WCRC Class 57

TravisM

• RMweb Gold

I was really excited about the release of Bachmann's WCRC Class 57 until I noticed that they've kept the Dellner coupler, which West Coast have removed off their Class 57's.  Is it a simple job to remove it or has Bachmann been lazy and moulded it into the housing?  I'd really like to have a pair but I can't be bothered with the faff if it's a pain to remove.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jools1959 said:

I was really excited about the release of Bachmann's WCRC Class 57 until I noticed that they've kept the Dellner coupler, which West Coast have removed off their Class 57's.  Is it a simple job to remove it or has Bachmann been lazy and moulded it into the housing?  I'd really like to have a pair but I can't be bothered with the faff if it's a pain to remove.

Hi Jools,

The Delner on a Bachmann 57 is made up of several bits. With the Bodyshell off the main housing slides in to the cut out on the main bodyshell. The black plastic coupling part has a small plastic tab and is glued into the chassis so a flat blade/screwdriver will allow this to be prized out easy enough. I’ve not altered mine yet but it’s something I will probably do along with the 3 coaches used on the Windermere workings.

The WCRC 57 was on my wish list for a long time so I was very pleased to see it released too. 

Hope that helps

Mark

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
57 minutes ago, MRDBLUE17 said:

Hi Jools,

The Delner on a Bachmann 57 is made up of several bits. With the Bodyshell off the main housing slides in to the cut out on the main bodyshell. The black plastic coupling part has a small plastic tab and is glued into the chassis so a flat blade/screwdriver will allow this to be prized out easy enough. I’ve not altered mine yet but it’s something I will probably do along with the 3 coaches used on the Windermere workings.

The WCRC 57 was on my wish list for a long time so I was very pleased to see it released too. 

Hope that helps

Mark

Hi Mark,

That all sounds good as it seems a easy enough job to do.  Would you mind posting several pictures so I (and probably a few others) don't mess it up.

If you need a reference to go by, here's a link to a photograph of mine of a 57. 

Stuck to it - IMG_2945

You should be able to get a dremmel in or a pair of fine snips in to do it. As you can see it doesn't really need to be a fine cut as it's not in real life. I'd just go carefully and that's all you can do in modelling!

@MRDBLUE17 are you waiting for Bachmann to release the Virgin Mk2F to do the conversion's from? 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, XChris said:

If you need a reference to go by, here's a link to a photograph of mine of a 57. 

Stuck to it - IMG_2945

You should be able to get a dremmel in or a pair of fine snips in to do it. As you can see it doesn't really need to be a fine cut as it's not in real life. I'd just go carefully and that's all you can do in modelling!

@MRDBLUE17 are you waiting for Bachmann to release the Virgin Mk2F to do the conversion's from? 

Nice photo.

Im not sure yet, will depend what I can pick up at a reasonable price. The Bachmann 2F stock is very nice but the Hornby ones are very good value. 

Thanks

Mark

12 hours ago, MRDBLUE17 said:

Nice photo.

Im not sure yet, will depend what I can pick up at a reasonable price. The Bachmann 2F stock is very nice but the Hornby ones are very good value. 

Thanks

Mark

Thank you! I have a whole load of photos of the lakelander that aren't on flickr if your after reference photos? 

I'm looking at buying a load of the DCC Virgin coaches up for repaints and for the use of them as charter stock.

• Like 2