HO narrow gauge Shay locomotive

I am wondering whether any manufacturers produce an HO scale, narrow-gauge (9mm) Shay locomotive. I am not sure of the designation/scale description for a locomotive in 3.5mm/ft scale, running on 9mm (N gauge) track, and to make things even more complicated, I am looking for a SHAY locomotive, often used on logging lines.

Can anyone help with a possible manufacturer?

Thank you,

Bill

What you would be looking for would be classified as HOn 2 1/2 as 9mm scales out to roughly 2' 6" in HO. TBH you would be better off looking for an HOn3 model as they would be more common and track and switches are commercially available. The only HOn 2 1/2 commercial model that I am aware of, in brass at any rate, is the Australian 2-6-2T "Puffing Billy". 

HTH

Cheers,

David

• RMweb Gold

HOn30 or HOn2 1/2 are the two designations used for them although you can try the European HOe or even 009 depending how people list them on places like eBay. 

Toma Modelworks have done a couple as a kit in limited batches. 
https://tomamw.miiduu.com/1051-hon3-13-ton-t-boiler-shay-kit-workable-line-shaft

main page and link to video here, kit 1021 is showing in stock. 

https://tomamw.miiduu.com

Kits around £180 expect to pay £250-300 for a s/h built one. 
This is my one of the slightly larger model I acquired assembled. 

29E9B322-DBE9-4177-BCEF-487BC6B16368.jpeg.aa4b464e45adb546fe7f30f0bbfe9448.jpeg

Edited by PaulRhB

They do exist...most in Brass by various makers.  Expect to pay >$600 for them, and for them to run like a dog of the worst order...at least for the older ones.  Ebay USA/Canada is your friend for this kind of thing.