Electrical connectors for providing connectivity between coaches

wilwahabri

I am modelling in H0/00. I was wondering how people go about making electrical connections between coaches or waggons?

Ideally I would like a connector that would be small and easy to connect and disconnect without looking too out of proportion.

These would be two pole plug and sockets for powering in carriage lighting and displays only.

Appreciate any guidance with regard to location on the coach to fit the connector and type.

Many thanks

If your coaches have NEM coupling pockets Roco, Piko & latterly Fleischmann do 2 & 4-Pole electrically conductive couplings.

Also, there is (or was) a company in Germany by the name of Kroiss that do them as well as a range of remote control ones.

• Informative/Useful 1

2 hours ago, SamThomas said:

If your coaches have NEM coupling pockets Roco, Piko & latterly Fleischmann do 2 & 4-Pole electrically conductive couplings.

Also, there is (or was) a company in Germany by the name of Kroiss that do them as well as a range of remote control ones.

Kroiss Modell are Austrian.

I use pre-wired micro plugs/sockets from Squires Tools.  They are really small and almost unnoticeable especially when painted matt dark grey.  Most importantly the wire used is extremely flexible for use between the vehicles. 

Here's an example of where I have used one to connect an additional speaker to the unpowered car of a Bachmann Class 150.  It is barely noticeable even though I haven't painted it it yet.  The plug/socket itself tucks nicely inside the corridor connection.

Through experience I have found it better to site the wire higher up on the model as illustrated here.  At first I tried locating it down nearer the couplings but this caused a few derailments especially when propelling.

PICT0081.JPG

PICT0083.JPG

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

4 hours ago, Nigelcliffe said:

Kroiss Modell are Austrian.

When I met Herr Kroiss at the Nurnberg Toy Fair many years ago he spoke German (like most Austrians) & his website at the time had a .de suffex. I apolgise for assuming.............

A more useful comment would have been to give the website which is ;

https://shop.krois-modell.com/

Edited by SamThomas