Hornby TTS and Digitrax

Melly

Used to use Lenz - Class 60 TTS worked a treat.  I have moved to Digitrax (Fed up with the Lenz controller buttons not working) and the 60 sound is permanently on but the loop bit of the high engine sound.  I can start and drive the engine with the correct engine sounds masked by the looped high rev engine.

Anyone experienced this before?  I can't get the sound to go off :-( 

14 hours ago, cravensdmufan said:

Maybe try a decoder reset CV8 to 8?

You will then need to re address the loco as it will revert it to 3.  (Sorry that's teaching you to suck eggs!).

Writing value 5 to CV 8 will reset just the TTS sound side and leave loco settings intact.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• 6 months later...

Just to close the loop on this one.  Somehow the loco ID was set in two handsets at the same time.  So when handset A was trying to drive the train, it was already set at 20% speed on handset B,  although the loco was not moving. 

I've subsequently had this with non sound fitted DCC locos. Somehow the loco ID had not 'stealed' from one handset to the other. 1 loco. Handset 1 set at 20% Handset 2 set at 40%. Loco goes at 40% for 2/3 of the loop then 20% for another 2/3 then back to 40%.  Delete loco ID from 1 Handset and loco operates at 1 speed.