Dimensions for LNER Toad B & Toad E needed please

Moxy

• RMweb Premium

As the title says, I'm looking for some key dimensions for the above LNER Brake vans.  This is to make models of them in British H0 scale.

Lima have done a BR 20T Brake van in H0, which is a reasonable model and which I think I can backdate to an LNER Toad D with a bit of gentle model bashing, but for a bit of variety I am looking to see if I can build/bash either a Toad B or Toad E.

There are loads of photos online for reference, so that is not a problem, and I have found one drawing online (from the Parkside OO kit, I think), but there no dimensions on it.

What I am looking for is the wheelbase of each version, and the length over headstocks or over the body please.

From what I have been able to find online, there may be a drawing in one of Peter Tatlow's LNER Wagon books, but unfortunately I don't have any of his books in my collection.

If there are any LNER experts out there who know the dimensions, or who can point me towards a dimensioned drawing, I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance.

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Moxy said:

As the title says, I'm looking for some key dimensions for the above LNER Brake vans.  This is to make models of them in British H0 scale.

Lima have done a BR 20T Brake van in H0, which is a reasonable model and which I think I can backdate to an LNER Toad D with a bit of gentle model bashing, but for a bit of variety I am looking to see if I can build/bash either a Toad B or Toad E.

There are loads of photos online for reference, so that is not a problem, and I have found one drawing online (from the Parkside OO kit, I think), but there no dimensions on it.

What I am looking for is the wheelbase of each version, and the length over headstocks or over the body please.

From what I have been able to find online, there may be a drawing in one of Peter Tatlow's LNER Wagon books, but unfortunately I don't have any of his books in my collection.

If there are any LNER experts out there who know the dimensions, or who can point me towards a dimensioned drawing, I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance.

Model Railway Constructor 1973 June has drawings and detailed info on the Toad E.

http://magazineexchange.co.uk/cw/model-railway-constructor-magazine-june-1973-issue.html

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Accordinging to the Peter Tatlow book I have the Toad B & E were identical in basic diemensions, 10'6" wheelbase and 19' over headstocks with similar chassis. It was the bodies that differed in respect of planking size and the ducket style.