O-Scale Lists

jasond

I've just received two O-scale lists from Norm's O-Scale in the US, shop stock and an estate sale.

If you'd like me to email you copies please let me know.

I'm going to be at the NMRA British Region meet at the Belfry Hotel, Milton Common near Oxford (A40 Jct 7) this Saturday 31st Jul.  This is my first 'trader' outing since Oct 2019, so I hope that sandwich I left in the couplers and trucks box is still yummy.

Jason

• Funny 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 28/07/2021 at 16:36, F-UnitMad said:

For those of us who can't get to the Meet at the end of this month, a list of the bits you have left afterwards would be welcome. ;) :yes:

Still waiting........ :rolleyes: :whistle:   

Especially as you didn't get there yourself, Jason, so still have all you were going to take available for our perusal, and chance to exchange for beer tokens. :read:  :yes:

• Round of applause 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hang on Jordan, I'll just get the violin music going....  Actually I had a great Summer holiday!  Went up to Morecambe where I thought I'd retired to(!) in the mid-noughties. but...! 

Stopped near Chester for a Llanbedr Meet and Zoom call to Nth Am, went on to Preston for a visit to Ribblehead Viaduct (2 psgr locals and 1 frt) and evening visit to the O gauge club.  Continued to Morecambe for a visit to the club and seeing old friends.  When I moved down south I left some stock behind for American days, but, sadly, most of the visitors I used to see have gone to the roundhouse in the sky so I collected my old stock.

Walked along Morecambe Prom.  Had breakfast with Mick, my guitarist friend, and a view of the Lakes across the Bay.  Revisited Matt's Open Mic night at the Golden Lion in Lancaster and played the drums for the first time in 9 years, Love Potion No.9 is still a classic ... but when I kissed that cop down on 34th and Vine, he broke my little bottle of ... Love Potion Number 9 ... what do you call the guy who hangs out backstage with the musicians??  The drummer :dancer:

Caught up with wider family, B-i-L Doug's 88 and living in the North has done him proud.  Now I've remembered my first meeting with S-i-L Bren and Doug at a short stay in the Lakes when I volunteered to choose the wine, "Eeee Jason didn't know yer a wine connwuzza!"

OK, OK that list.  Why aren't all American O-scalers in the UK on one site, not spread out 'cos....  I've got a new phone on order, my current one makes it impossible to take pics,  I've registered a web name, but so many website formats on offer are just ways to show clever designs, I just want tables of train data and pics.  Don't forget, as you get older and youngsters offer you more and more choices, it gets harder to choose one, let alone a sensible one.  Strewth, have I written all this?  Need tea........................

Jason

...t 23 Winchester Meet Oct 23 Winchester Meet Oct 23 Winchester Meet Oct 23 Winchester Meet Oct 23 Winchest...

Edited by jasond
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Jordan

No Atlas trucks in at the moment.  I say 'at the moment' 'cos the Americans do this differently.  You may remember I gave up being an O-scale 2-rail trader many years ago, but when I called IntMtn for some of their wheelsets on Thursday, Glenn said "They're out of stock just at the moment, but hold on, I'll check your details ... yep here you are, I'll email you when they're in".  No reason to believe Atlas won't do the same, I'll try them on Monday.  Anybody else ready to be an O-scale dealer?   

Lists: what I want is the ability to have just one spreadsheet of what's left, with a column for pics (what I previously called photos).  Problem one - my audience (AKA you) is all over the place, on here, on email - their own or ukoscale@groups.io, Fb American O-Scale in the UK, etc.  Doing the list is tedious enough and then buying a SumUp number pad for CCs at shows that also allows phone orders when I'm at home and then finding out what they think is a good idea for how you enter your data.  I'll stop now.  But I'm still working on the list. :swoon:

Jason

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jasond said:

Anybody else ready to be an O-scale dealer? 

Ha ha, thanks but no thanks! ;)

Atlas put the price of their trucks up quite substantially I seem to recall, after the supply problems they had a few years ago. Shipping for just one set from the US via Ebay just about doubles the cost! I was hoping you might have had some old 'new' stock perhaps. Never mind, no rush, it's just nice to have a spare set or two in case an otherwise-suitable 3-rail item comes along. 

• Agree 1