How to post a single status update? (Answered)

• RMweb Premium

From time to time I have found myself wanting to post a single status update but I cannot fathom out how to do it.

I can see how to post a public message on someone elese's profile (and see this happening by accident) but what I usually want to do is to make an announcement which seems worthwhile but doesn't really fit in a topic or a blog post. So far I have found this screen:

1675603324_Screenshot2022-01-1809_51_13.jpg.4b294bc9ebb2030b0e866ddf15ebab0c.jpg

Please, how do I start to add a post to here? I try to look for menu options and buttons from time to time and I cannot find a thing :-)

- Richard.

Edited by 47137

• Moderators

If you use the View New Content or Forum Index pages there's a block to the right (desktop and tablet) where you can just post a Status Update. On a mobile just scroll down past the forums and the BRM ad and then you should see the Status Update block.

Hi Richard,

As far as I can see, there are two ways of doing this.

1. Go to the main initial page of RMweb, scroll down to the lower quarter and see this;

Enter in the status bar.

2. Go to your own profile screen and see this;

Again, enter in the public feed.

Sorry, I don’t know how to get my added images into this post, if I upload from Flickr, it just goes where I want!

Hope this helps you,

John

PS Andy Y just beat me!

887EB915-66FF-4C7D-AC6E-C6097C7F308A.png

947BF70F-CB7C-4227-8BD1-6F1E9FE79D6C.png

• Thanks 2

• RMweb Premium

I am perplexed. I do not doubt the correctness of the instructions above but I do not have this "what's on your mind?" box. Here is how I see View New Content, the text is greeked but this is how I see the page:

798036283_Screenshot2022-01-1810_59_22.jpg.104a5e6bbb64c746aba3b426c2107a8c.jpg

I have tried all five available themes.

- Richard.

8 minutes ago, 47137 said:

I am perplexed.

Richard

On the right-hand side (on a Desktop), keep scrolling down. There are sections for 'Adverts', 'Recent Status Updates', 'Upcoming Events', 'Blog Entries' and 'Topics'. They may not appear in that order, and any of them might be obscured by floating adverts. The 'Recent Status Updates' is the one you need, which has a 'What's on your mind' box.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
31 minutes ago, 47137 said:

I am perplexed. I do not doubt the correctness of the instructions above but I do not have this "what's on your mind?" box. Here is how I see View New Content, the text is greeked but this is how I see the page:

798036283_Screenshot2022-01-1810_59_22.jpg.104a5e6bbb64c746aba3b426c2107a8c.jpg

I have tried all five available themes.

- Richard.

It looks like you may not be seeing what everyone else is seeing Richard; I am trying to delve into your settings to see if something's wrong or has been changed.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

It looks like you may not be seeing what everyone else is seeing Richard; I am trying to delve into your settings to see if something's wrong or has been changed.

Yes, Enable Status Updates had been turned off.

image.png

I have enabled that for you again now.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

Oh.

(Pauses to compose)

Well clearly it got turned off somehow, and who else could have done this except me? I suspect this goes back many years, to an earlier version of the software.

Well many thanks to everyone of course. Now I must remember what was so important I wanted to announce it :)

- Richard.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• 47137 changed the title to How to post a single status update? (Answered)