Buxton Station and TMD

Sprinter150

Hello,

Back in the modelling scene, although with N Gauge this time, having come from OO gauge, even though I haven’t touched OO gauge in around 15 years! 

I would love to recreate a version of Buxton Station & TMD set early 1990’s. I still have a very, very substantial OO collection, including 37, 47’s and 60’s from that era, now I’m back in the model scene, I’d love to put these to some use again

I’ve seen a few good track plans but wondering is it possible to squeeze a small end to end/shelf shunting layout of Buxton into a space of 6ft by 2ft.

I’ve looked at a few plans, but it seems that because my space required is so small it would be hard to get the best of the area!

Any thoughts?

Thank you 

• Like 1

Its not really clear if you are going to use your OO stock or start afresh with N gauge. In OO the space is too small for the station so a loco shed layout based on Inglenook sidings might work. In N gauge the space is too small for an accurate model of Buxton but a version of Minories and representation of the shed should be possible. Buxton is mainly defined by its station gable end so that would give a good impression of the station.

• Agree 1