You can tell how good a company is when?

Paul-H

Rant (On)

You can tell how good a company is when something goes wrong.

The product may be the best in the world but its no good if the service department lets you down when something goes wrong

3 weeks ago I sent my 4 month old Gaugemaster Prodigy2 back to gaugemaster as it had stopped reading and writing to the programming track

After 3 weeks I am told sorry its not been repared yet as all our repair team are off sick !!!!!

1 hour later they phone to say actualy we have no record of ever receiving the item

They are then given the tracking number showing it was delivered to them 3 weeks ago

1 Hour later they phone to say it has been repaired and posted back today,

2 hours ago they were all off sick so who repared it

1 hour ago they had no record of it so whats been posted back.

Don't think I will be able to recomend Gaugemaster anymore.

I know its probably a one off But????

Rant (Off)

• RMweb Premium

Before you settle down to using it you still have the problem of the postal strike and also which one of their answers was a lie!!

Are they sick?

Did they receive it?

Did they repair it?

Have they posted it?

At least one of these must be a lie! For your sake I hope they were not sick and they did receive it as the other two alternatives would be the ones to get me very angry and into full RANT mode as well.

Good luck.

Chris

:unsure: They seem to have done everything the can to help you, and your still not happy, they can't win!

Jon

You sound like the bad dealers dream come true

You accept the service no mater how bad it is as long as you what you want in the end

Good luck to you sir I am sure you will go through life not being disapointed

You sound like the bad dealers dream come true

You accept the service no mater how bad it is as long as you what you want in the end

Good luck to you sir I am sure you will go through life not being disapointed

:blink:

I'm not usually known for an enourmous ammount of tolerance!

As I understand it, you haven't been able to play with your trainset for 3 weeks, not great, but perhaps youve spent the time playing with something else.

Your supplier has a staff shortage through sickness, well that isn't uncommon at this time of year, and when you have asked what the status of your repair is they have twice called you back to clarify within the hour, and promised to return your repaired item. I think their original 3 week delay is a little sub-standard, but their response to your follow up has been very good.

You have accused them of lying and returning the item un-repaired without even having recieved it back, or having ANY EVIDENCE that their repairman dosn't have the lurgi.

Jon

I'm not usually known for an enourmous ammount of tolerance!

As I understand it, you haven't been able to play with your trainset for 3 weeks, not great, but perhaps youve spent the time playing with something else.

Your supplier has a staff shortage through sickness, well that isn't uncommon at this time of year, and when you have asked what the status of your repair is they have twice called you back to clarify within the hour, and promised to return your repaired item. I think their original 3 week delay is a little sub-standard, but their response to your follow up has been very good.

You have accused them of lying and returning the item un-repaired without even having recieved it back, or having ANY EVIDENCE that their repairman dosn't have the lurgi.

Jon

Nope

Don't think I actualy accused them of lying over the repair, as said it was just a suspision.

What was clear was they didn't have a clue what had happened to my controller which was why they first claimed it had not been repaired because of sickness, then they claimed they had not received it for repair, then claimed it had been received, repaired and posted back, all in a space of a couple of hours.

So forgive me for not being totaly impressed, unlike some who obviously are easily impressed.

If the hat fits etc.

Gaugemaster aint at all my favourite dealer for anything but as a rule they do give good service and a lifetime guarantee for their products :)

They don't give a life time gaurantee on their digital products, its the standard 1 year

Jon

I think in this situation it is you who has been using his left handed mouse too much :P

Archived