Class 50 - any fitted with fabricated bogies?

vac_basher

Guest jim s-w

Hi All

I dunno but i would reckon 50149 might be the most likely candidate. Had a look but all the pics I have found so far the bogies are too dark to see.

EDIT - found a half decent pic - cast I'm afraid.

Cheers

Jim

Afternoon

I have search all mp photo's and books and had a read of various chapters etc and can't find any mention or photo of a fabricated bogie on a 50. More to the point why would you want to swap cast for fabricated? I have had some limited success with casting some cast 50 bogie sides in a bid to get working suspension. I've chopped them all up into pieces at present, but give me a few days and I'll chuck a photo of my efforts up, to see if they would be any use to you.

Mark

More to the point why would you want to swap cast for fabricated?

Mark, I need a set of cast ones under a Class 37

I look forward to seeing your photos, as the only options I seem to have at the moment are either to source some Hornby Vac bogies (but I don't really want to buy a Vac just for parts) or I might have a go at carving off the lip on the Bachmann fabricated Class 37 bogies to see if I can make them look a bit more like cast ones.

Dave, I wasn't familiar with the Dave Alexander items. Thanks for that.

Just had a look on Google and one of the results was your Lima 50023 B) (Stunning model considering it's humble origins).

I don't know, but to me those sideframes (as they're called on DA's website) just don't look right to me :huh:

Thanks anyway :)

Archived