Jessop Yard

Georgie!!

Hello all,

Well no layout updates really just finishing off the extension which my I say has been very hard work!!

So I have this time a different type of update!! Today my newest arrivel which is 66200!! Thanks again Rich cracking loco!! I have always wanted this loco but there is still a couple more that I would like that I managed to miss!! These being 66135 and I have managed to forget the others angry.gif not like me at all, but I would also like to ask if any of you have a EWS class 66 like 66135 and you are wanting to sell it then please PM me with images and info about the loco!!

So with the new 66200 I had a bit of a line up on the layout of EWS and DB Shenker 66s!! I still have transfers for another three locos and another pack thats the same but I could cut up numbers and make up to another five!! but that then would mean I would have nine or ten EWS Class 66s WOW!!

Ok, so photos of the line up:

The new 66200

post-6787-12602717507913_thumb.jpg

The line up of 66152, 66067, 66068, and 66200!!

post-6787-12602718956599_thumb.jpg

post-6787-12602720226958_thumb.jpg

post-6787-12602720607858_thumb.jpg

Enjoy!!

All comments welcome!!

Cheers

George

Good Evening all,

Its been a while since I last posted anything and I apologise about that due to xmas funding me railway is left to one side until the otherday....laugh.gif

I got a bit bored and pulled me finger out, finished the new extension board, started laying track but run out more arriving on Tuesday, cant wire the track already down due to me running out of solder, so I started the fueling point. I still need to get hold of one more knightwing fueling point and then it will look even better!! ballast is slowly going down on the tracks but I have also got myself a bit lost on the layout!! for example one moment im starting backscene then the next im starting more track then im finishing bits of on the shed and then.... well it goes on and on!!

I have also worked out my camera so piccies can now be taken during the darker times i.e. rubbish energy bulbs!! It blew the other day after five years, but just as I that I might get a proper light bulb I then got given another energy thing angry.gif

One more thing before photos, I am currently unsure about my washing facility, do I save me money by using the Bachmann washing plant that I already have or should I waste me money on the knightwing washing plant, but then I will have two!?!?!?

Photos:

post-6787-12606432810699_thumb.jpg

post-6787-12606433440237_thumb.jpg

I know the pics are not that good but I suppose they will do!!

As you can (just) see in the pics I stll need one more fueling point and much work still needs to be done, so I shall post this and then get on with something biggrin.gif

All comments welcome!!

Cheers

George

Hi all,

As I said in the last post 'I will get on with something else' and I have!!

The wall hiding the Fiddle Yard has now got a layer of walling stuff added and a bridge has been made at the entrance of the fiddle yard!! I have also decided to cover the fiddle yard and so will put terraced houses and a town scene on top to try and set the scene just a bit!!

Again the photos are not that clear but you can just about see what I have done!!

post-6787-12606521023509_thumb.jpg

post-6787-1260652144791_thumb.jpg

Right, I shall go and do something else now laugh.gif

All comments welcome!!

Cheers

George

I have enjoyed reading about your layout

An interesting concept

I like your closed door idea with the shed

Your washing plant - i think you should do the sensible thing and use the one you got but modify it in some way maybe take a picture and we can give some ideas

Sam

Hi Sam,

Cheers for the comment matey!! and I have taken some photos for you all!! The washing plant has been modified in one or two ways, yellow and black warning stripes on the roof, H&S signs for workmen and a little bit of graffiti!! I could put one worker on the roof and make him look like he is fixing something, and possibly another worker at the side of the washer to help guide locos in? I also saw a picture on google of a sign next to the train wash and it said something about no class 58s?? I will try and track the sign down and make a copy of it!! I suppose aswell I could buy a red and green LED and have a bit of a signal sequence to enter the washer!! Thats all I have thought of for the washer but please leave me a comment on what you all think is good and not good!!biggrin.gif

Photos:

post-6787-1260701483533_thumb.jpg

post-6787-12607015841016_thumb.jpg

post-6787-12607016402986_thumb.jpg

post-6787-12607016951153_thumb.jpg

All comments welcome!!

Cheers

George

Hi all,

As I said in the last post 'I will get on with something else' and I have!!

The wall hiding the Fiddle Yard has now got a layer of walling stuff added and a bridge has been made at the entrance of the fiddle yard!! I have also decided to cover the fiddle yard and so will put terraced houses and a town scene on top to try and set the scene just a bit!!

Again the photos are not that clear but you can just about see what I have done!!

post-6787-12606521023509_thumb.jpg

post-6787-1260652144791_thumb.jpg

Right, I shall go and do something else now laugh.gif

All comments welcome!!

Cheers

George

Do I see a tractor hiding! a layout with a 37 is always good. nice layout btw!

Hiya Ragtag,

Im still playing with the plan and before anything is built pics are needed!! how long is a 225?? I thought it was only about 9 carriages long including both engines?? but if so I will bring the down to about 7 just so that theres room!! I have layed out the station section on my floor and calculated the actual space needed.... well.... ready... 34.5ft long icon_redface.gif I havent told me parents that bit yet so shhhh for now icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif They dont seem to mind how long it goes as all of us love Northallerton!! I could do Huddersfield but three reasons why I wont is:

1) Not my true town

2) only units run into the station and only a bit of freight pass

3) It would take me years to model the station entrance!!

The layout will start with 8ft Fiddle Yard, 4ft scenic section, 10.5ft station scene, another 4ft scenic section and then another 8ft fiddle yard biggrin.gif I am a bit scared though of starting this but I want to do it!!

Ragtag, do you by any chance have any photos of the station??

Many regards

George

Ragtag

icon_lol.gif I wish I had room for the whole 34.5ft layout icon_lol.gif I will have to model the station first and then work me around it will be an end to end again but with fiddleyards either end I also have had a look at the plan may just get rid of a 4ft scenic board... ummm unsure now icon_lol.gif

Frieghtliner Powerhaul

Cheers for the comment mateyicon_thumbsup2.gif The images of Northallerton are not mine I stole them off the internet icon_lol.gif

Have they really banned spotters at Northallerton?? If they have I always go spotting there icon_biggrin.gif

Cheers all

George

Frieghtliner Powerhaul

Cheers for the comment mateyicon_thumbsup2.gif The images of Northallerton are not mine I stole them off the internet icon_lol.gif

Have they really banned spotters at Northallerton?? If they have I always go spotting there icon_biggrin.gif

Cheers all

George

So I've been told by a friend icon_thumbsdown2.gif . I'd guess it's the minority ruining it for the majority, the spotters who trespass etc or obstruct the areas where passengers need to access, or perhaps they're not too keen on us standing on the ends of the platforms. Shame really, wish I'd gone more.

Raj icon_smile.gif

Hi Raj

Well I cannot believe that!! When im in the area I always go and have a couple of mins!! I always ask the dudes in the ticket office or station staff just so that I dont get aggro off a 7ft tall, and as wide as a double decker bus dude removing me off the platformicon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif Also, when you look at videos on youtube of spotters on the station they are well over the yellow line, so it could be a silly H&S rule!!

Regards

George

Afternoon all,

Its been a little while since I last updated but this has been due to me running low on everything and running out of insperation!! So the extension board is still very much bare and not alot has been done!! Hopefully showing a couple of photos might give me a bit more!!

post-6787-12612257656233_thumb.jpg

post-6787-12612258512704_thumb.jpg

post-6787-1261226327153_thumb.jpg

This photo is for the class 37 fans!!

All comments welcome!!

Regards

George

Archived