Jessop Yard

Georgie!!

Hi all,

Couple more photos of the three way point! I hope you signal men out there no what I mean? All the other points have point levers, but the three way point is (in model world) automatic! I have some photos, its hard to discribe what I mean, basically I would like to know how many signals are needed? What type of signals are needed? where do I place the signals? Hopefully that should be more helpfull??

post-6787-12621693961151_thumb.jpg

post-6787-1262169447926_thumb.jpg

post-6787-12621694864385_thumb.jpg

I hope this pics are better!

Regards

George

Hi,

RE: signlling the layout, it doesn;t look as though any would really be needed as most depots etc merely have a ground signl for exiting the depot onto the mainline, but there isn;t a mainline as such for your

loco's to go onto??

The two lines to the shed however look like they could have been at one time a former mainline? especially as one is concrete sleepered, perhaps a semaphore cut off at the bottom and the rest of the post laid on

the ground might look good?

The track will look better when it's had the rail sides toned down.

Liking the layout and the poics look great.

Hi 18B,

I see, No mainline, the concrete sleepered rails are what left overs from a previouse layout. Once I have got most wiring done I will then weather the rails. Im going to mix my own paints for the side of the rails as some ready made paint makes the rails look abit orange.

Thanks for the help, and im glad you are liking the pics biggrin.gif

Cheers

George

Afternoon all,

I decided to let a couple of locos stand for photos on the layout! I really cant wait until wiring is fully completed, boards bolted together and backscenes up, that means then I can play.... I mean photograph (wink wink) my trains! Cant forget about legs too! Im going to purchase the B&Q folding tressels, they look strong and lightweight so they should do!

There just a couple of things that need sorting, at the moment I have a list a mile long of all the things that are needed or need doing wink.gif

anyways, photos of trains!:

Below we have 66152 awaiting permission to enter shed.

post-6787-12621825899022_thumb.jpg

A trainspotter got permission off the security guard to photograph 66200 who is awaiting next turn of duty.

post-6787-12621826550066_thumb.jpg

This picture we have 60029 refuelling before his next long freight haul!

post-6787-12621828328934_thumb.jpg

Enjoy!

If you want me to post more images of locos leave me a comment on what loco and if I have the loco I will post it!

These are the classes I own ATM: 09, 37s, 56, 57s, 58, 60s, 66s, 67 and a 92 I think thats all of them, I do have a 47 but its a Hornby lima thingy so abit rubbish really!

All comments welcome!

George

Evening all,

Another update for today I think! I have started work on the little bridge, but after much thought I have changed it into a tunnel! The area is going to turn into a warehouse, obviously I cant fit an articulated lorry there, but a white van man or something along those lines will be placed there aswell as bins, skips, junk and all the rest that goes with a warehouse. The warehouse will be the same length as the fiddle yard and will create a taller wall so hopefully people cant see what locos im changing! All this area has been scratchbuilt and is still work in progress so things can change yet!

I dont really know what the images will be like, but its worth a try!

post-6787-12622023121421_thumb.jpg

post-6787-12622023674458_thumb.jpg

post-6787-12622024180345_thumb.jpg

Well that just about sums up tonights work, I will add more pics tomorrow when more items have been added and painted! Now I think its lager time!!

Cheers

George

Looking good Georgie,

Nice little depot you have there and good to see the ballasting is well under way too ;) as i know it can be a tideous job especially my layout god knows how many bags i used but it took ages buddy lol.

Luvin all the small details lineside wireing boxes etc... must get some of these, 1 thing i didn't do was add orange pipng under the track for cables but yours looks superb and adds nice detail to your layout fela B)

I'm also impressed by your shed nice raised walkway inside and good positioning of engineers and other such depot items too.

Keep up the good work i shall continue to watch your progress with gr8 interest matey :)

Kind Regards, Jon.

Hey Jon,

Im glad you like the layout! I have still loads to do... oh parcel man at door... oh me grass has arrived update soon laugh.gif

For the orange wiring I used Evergreen 0.4 x 0.5mm strips. They really good and flexible, I simply put half of the strip straight into the orange paint tin and its painted for you!! Simple!

The shed just needs another wall (when backscene up) and then lots of little lights so the little dudes can see what they are doin biggrin.gif

Thanks again Jon!

Good morning, WOW! 10 to 12 allready!!

More work done to the warehouse this morning, just awaiting paint to dry and then will white wash the walls. Some grass arrived this morning so the layout now should start to look overgrown and disused in areas!

Now all I need to do is order track and more SOLDER!!

Phots of work:

post-6787-12622601749196_thumb.jpg

post-6787-12622602102364_thumb.jpg

post-6787-12622602586421_thumb.jpg

post-6787-12622603091295_thumb.jpg

As we speak the builders are building the wall under the bridge but they are unsure about a roof for the warehouse? How would I make the roof stay attached up there?

I may do an update later on with weeds!! So watch this space!!

George

Afternoon all,

Just crawled out of the cave, nothing big has happened just added some grass and junk to try and make a run down feel to the layout.

I havent yet done anything today, the photos are of yesterdays work. If I do anything today I shall post an update later on!

Photos:

This photo is of the new air con unit, this is a Ten Commandments kit!

post-6787-12623496722182_thumb.jpg

An overall shot of the area with grass!!

post-6787-12623497611608_thumb.jpg

And just another pic of it all!

post-6787-12623498388775_thumb.jpg

I know its not much of an update but its all I have done so far!

Cheers

George

Hi George, my layouts pretty useless to you as i stand in the middle but in around 6ft ive got 162cm worth of platform space if your going use Hornby set track associated platforms as each straight platform piece is the same as a single straight but im using r609s i could measure out it with 607s if you want as it can be easily done.

I'm running close to the edge with the 3rd radius curves just gives me pendo a better run but the tilt if your going to have a 390 looks better on sharper curves.

For a layout to "walk round" i'd suggest looking at Edinburgh Junction as thats a walk around but in 8ftx3ft you would be better with an up and down as 2nd radi curves are a bit bigger than 3ft I think

Hope this helps Richard :D

Hi Rich

Cheers for the comment very helpful! Nothing really set at the momment sounds like in a few months time I could be getting the loft so the whole plan above doesnt really matter anymore! I shall be making a roundy roundy, just dont know when now so for the time, im sticking with me little 6ft by 1ft!

I shall try and add more detail and bits to the layout! I shall order some security fencing on Monday and possible a piece of track to finish the line for the train wash!! Also on Monday I shall start the backscene and hopefully get some solder for track wiring!! A fair amount of work to do on Monday!!

I think I have a couple of photos of todays efforts of weeding, well adding weeds, lets see...

No, I shall add them in the morning!!

Cheers

George

Hello all,

I had to fish this out from page 3! But its good to see lots of intresting layouts that are now starting to appear!!

I have a couple of shots that are of the little walkway or cycle route or even better trainspotters paradise?? I still need to add fencing along here which I still havent purchased and lay the next piece of track which I still havent purchased and also start wiring but need solder that I still havent purchased... I think I had better stop! The list goes on....

The photos:

post-6787-12628896900085_thumb.jpg

post-6787-12628897283768_thumb.jpg

post-6787-12628897780251_thumb.jpg

I apologise for the update, not so great this time sad.gif

I have though just purchased an Airbrush and compressor so hopefully the next update could be weathered stock and track!! Just need the paint...

Backscenes will be done one day as I am now back to college and with 8" of snow outside I preffer to go play in snow biggrin.gif laugh.gif

I will do more work to the layout over the weekend so another update hopefully!!

Cheers all,

George

Hi all,

I decided last night to start work, well finish off, on the warehouse scene above the fiddle yard. The walls all got a splash of paint and also topping stones added and I also added a light to the warehouse, big industrial bin and barbed wire along the top of the wall so that no little men decide to jump or have a nosy biggrin.gif

I shall this afternoon finish off the wall area and then start adding more detail around the outside of the warehouse. I think aswell I might add some more weeds!! What a fun afternoon!!

Photos:

post-6787-12631306591191_thumb.jpg

Below, a closer pic of the barbed wire

post-6787-12631306950765_thumb.jpg

post-6787-12631307628331_thumb.jpg

Update later on I think!!

Cheers

George

Hello all,

Well, just finished adding weeds and more bits of detail to the layout! and, to me, the layout is now really starting to like a TMD??

Grass added along the edge of the layout right at the back and also added in between tracks, I still need to add different shades of green and add colourfull weeds!!

I am also thinking about adding graffiti to the wall to make it look old! I also added a piece of walling that slopes down pic will explain! Still got areas to patch up with both grass and ballast as baseboard still peaks through!

Photos:

post-6787-12631369103681_thumb.jpg

post-6787-12631369569093_thumb.jpg

post-6787-126313699307_thumb.jpg

post-6787-12631370338674_thumb.jpg

post-6787-12631370737302_thumb.jpg

I apologise for the pics being abit too dark I forgot to open blinds to let light in!!

All comments welcome!!

George

George,

I will proberbly have a load of H&S signs left over and warehouse signes like "Forklift truck" and "Hard hats to be worn"

I can post them to you if you want, can use them on the Servicing shed and warehouse your building.

Let me know.

Leon.

PS comming along great now the trackwork has been filled in with weeds etc.

George,

I will proberbly have a load of H&S signs left over and warehouse signes like "Forklift truck" and "Hard hats to be worn"

I can post them to you if you want, can use them on the Servicing shed and warehouse your building.

Let me know.

Leon.

PS comming along great now the trackwork has been filled in with weeds etc.

Hiya Leon,

Ya thank you that would be great!

I have some railway speed restriction signs would you like them?

I shall PM youbiggrin.gif

Thanks again matey!

Hello all,

I got a few more photos for you all! and a news story!

In the early hours of this morning, a man believed to be in his 40s was found with seriouse head wounds. The man is in a critical condition. West Yorkshire police are still looking for clues and evidence as to what happened. It is believed that the man was train spotting and taking photos of trains. It is thought that a group of men, possibly 2 or 3 approached the man who was minding his own bussiness, and then struck him across the head. The man was then left! at around 6:30am a man who was walking his dog found the man and called for help. The footpath has been closed for evidence and for the police to try and work out what happened. The mans wallet and mobile phone was taken but not his camera, his scooter aswell was left at the scene.

post-6787-1263220148723_thumb.jpg

post-6787-12632210272644_thumb.jpg

post-6787-12632210677801_thumb.jpg

I got a bit bored today and when painting the walls I dropped a little bit but it dried into bloodish colour so I have decided to add this little scene. The injured man is at hospital, at the scene is just police dudes! laugh.gif

Hope you like!

George

Mornin all,

I have taken a couple of overall photos of the layout to show what the layout looks like at different positons!

The man who got wacked across the head is ok biggrin.gif He just left with a headache!

I also made some police blue and white tape for the area to make it look more like a crime scene!

A couple of photos of the whole layout, hopefully once the layout gets its legs photos will be better quality!!

post-6787-12632915318146_thumb.jpg

post-6787-12632927123845_thumb.jpg

And a couple of photos of the crime scene, with three officers and police tape!

post-6787-12632927939453_thumb.jpg

post-6787-1263292850091_thumb.jpg

Lots of things need sorting though still, so lots of updates yet to come!!

Regards

George

Archived