NSE MK2a coach interior seat colours

From what I remember the coaches on Wat-Exe were merely repainted on the outside and the interiors stayed the same as in the blue and grey days. I've got the odd photo of my friends asleep on Wat-Exe trips so I'll have a look at the slides when I get home - in about an hour and a half.

I don't know about any of the other Mk2 stock (i.e. Cambridge area). Harris' book on the Mk2 coach may have something in it, I'll check that as well.

The second photo is of provincial stock, not NSE.

Harris' book says the Cambridge Mk2 stock was facelifted with new seats so would have had the style that Bernard has suggested. The West of England stock had only 10 open seconds, 6 brake firsts and two micro-buffets done by Eastleigh (with four more seconds later). The majority of these probably had new seat covering. The rest of the stock would have kept the old style moquette as shown in mjkerr's first photo and the link below:

West of England Mk2 Carriage

The second photo is of provincial stock, not NSE

This was a reliveried NSE coach (where the red stripe was painted grey)

However, modelling this is difficult

Personally, I would just go with a plain dark blue

Harris' book says the Cambridge Mk2 stock was facelifted with new seats

A few years ago I was quite surprised to find APT style seats in a Mk.2/2a BSO on the Mid-Hants (Watercress) line. Can't remember the number off-hand, but it's in a notebook somewhere!

Archived