Littledale Light Railway

• RMweb Premium

It was a cracking day with a delicious cream tea, and also three locos in steam - Tarn Beck, Mike's own, and two visiting locos, Centurion, on its second ever public outing, and Ross, which also visited last year.

The little traction engine was also in attendance, this year painted in a rather fetching blue001.JPG.6a01b2dbccdafa747a2fb741429a238d.JPG

Centurion followed by Tarn Beck, then the next post is Ross and Centurion again

005.JPG.412138591d81cb633a08ff507980bec9.JPG007.JPG.12770c6f6809a06a536ac4bff4e96dda.JPG

Edited by 45156
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Looks like a great day. I had arranged a day off so I could go, but yesterday the boss asked if I could work instead.  A 12 hour shift with only 4 hours driving (of which just 40 minutes were carrying passengers) and 7 hours free time at the seaside, plus the wife could come too - the closest it gets to getting paid for a day out so I couldn’t really say no.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • RMweb Premium

Mike's Facebook group has a post to say that

Subject to the Lockdown restrictions being lifted as per the Government road map we have great pleasure in announcing that the LLR will be open on Sunday 11th July for the RNLI from 1 pm until 4.30pm. We hope as many of you as possible will attend to boost their very depleted funds.

According to his posts, he has been a bit very busy during the lockdown with has built a tram (battery powered), and is now building a bridge across the pond, which looks very impressive, and I for one can't wait to see this tremendous project.

image.png.852fad3ad03b8408844316891397d2cd.png

Photo from facebook, copyright Mike Cave

Edited by 45156
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Sadly the event on the 11th July has now been cancelled due to the extension of restrictions. We hope to be able to do something either later in the year or next year. As for the above images, the bridge is progressing well!

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Sorry to hear that Chris - I was really looking forward to visiting your dad's wonderful garden and soon to be extended railway - still it can't be helped.

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Just an update - the bridge is now complete, and the raiings painted, and Mike has agreed to allow me to post this image from the FB group, copyright is Mike Cave.  Track has been part laid and part ballasted as of earlier this week - it makes an amazing railway into an incredible one.

image.png.e7947730caacd589630f4eb3ef248e76.png

Edited by 45156
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium
On 16/08/2021 at 19:59, ColinK said:

Looks stunning. Hope there is an open day next year.

Just be sure not to book a job for whatever day it might be held on, Colin.

• 7 months later...

I will add further details as they become available but all being well... The Garden and Railway will be open on the 25th and 26th of June 11:00 till 4:30 for the local gardening club along with several other gardens in the village.  They will also be open again on the 10th of July for the RNLI from 1:00pm - 4:30.

Times may be subject to some adjustment and I will update with further details in the future.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
On 02/04/2022 at 23:12, quavey said:

I will add further details as they become available but all being well... The Garden and Railway will be open on the 25th and 26th of June 11:00 till 4:30 for the local gardening club along with several other gardens in the village.  They will also be open again on the 10th of July for the RNLI from 1:00pm - 4:30.

Times may be subject to some adjustment and I will update with further details in the future.

Great news, Chris, and although we no longer live in Brookhouse, but Ludow we will be there - we have already booked a hotel, and will visit on one of the days.  We will also combine it with some visits to our friends up there and to a visit to the A6 car boot.  I look forward to seeing the new layout, and your dad's magnum opus, that superb bridge.

• 1 month later...

Just to confirm some details of the three open days for the garden and railway this year,

25th and 26th of June for the local gardening club - the garden is open along with 10-15 others over the weekend. The entrance fee for all gardens (via programme) is £3.50 per person.

10th July the garden and railway is open from 1pm for the RNLI. Entrance is £6 and this includes refreshments and there will also be other stalls and activities to browse etc

In both cases the Railway will be running, there may be visiting engines although TBC. Rides are an additional small fee.

• Thanks 2

• RMweb Premium

Chris,

Will there be programmes on the gate, as we are coming up specially - if not, can you please obtain two for Elaine and myself and leave them on the gate for us and I will reimburse you for them - that would be very helpful.  I did say on the facebook page that it would be on the Saturday, but there is a change of plan, and we will now be there on the Sunday afternoon.

Regards

Stewart

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hi Chris,

We'll be there now on 25th in the afternoon - and we will try to pick up the programmes at Station Garage or at Ruby's in Brookhouse.

Hope the weather keeps off for us all.

Regards

Stewart Morton

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Just a few pictures as the weather was not all that clement yesterday, and we spent about 20 minutes of our visit sheltering from a thunderstorm and heavy rain

IMG_0889.JPG