Best Loco Sound for GWR Collet 2251 Class

Keithg

Hi,

Can anybody help/advise me which is the best reproduction sound of a Collet 2251 Class?

I am currently building a 0 gauge JLTRT kit and want to install DCC Sound chip in the tender.

Motor undecided as yet.

So which chip would be best as my understanding is Collet designed this loco from the GWR Pannier.

Have read several topics on this site and listen to youtube. I am sure many of you will be able to point me in the right direction particularly as I am

very new to this whole world of DCC Sound in 0 gauge locos.

Regards

Keith

Keith, Welcome aboard!

At the moment the ESU Loksound is undergoing a big change and a lot of improvements to functionality and sound quality.

The previous version V3.5 which may well have had the project that you seek is effectively redundant and no longer available. One can load a V3.5 project into a V4 decoder but that seems a bit of a waste of the much greater functionality of the new decoder. This is why nobody has replied to your post.

I am unsure of whether the larger Loksound decoder XL has been affected by the change. I believe that SWD might do a Pannier tank project for the XL.

• 7 years later...

Keith, Welcome aboard!

At the moment the ESU Loksound is undergoing a big change and a lot of improvements to functionality and sound quality.

The previous version V3.5 which may well have had the project that you seek is effectively redundant and no longer available. One can load a V3.5 project into a V4 decoder but that seems a bit of a waste of the much greater functionality of the new decoder. This is why nobody has replied to your post.

I am unsure of whether the larger Loksound decoder XL has been affected by the change. I believe that SWD might do a Pannier tank project for the XL.

DC Kits do the Wheeltapper range and this will be on the website soon with many new projects.  www.dckits-devideos.co.uk

Charlie

Archived