Bachmann P/Boiler Scot 6106 'Gordon Highlander' 31-280 (QUICK QUESTION)

amdaley

Hello Everyone.

A quick question to anyone with this model ?

Does this model have a drawbar between the loco & tender or does the tender just hook up under the loco with the upright post on the tender ?

Thank you.

Regards.

I just sold this model. It has a split chassis and the tender attaches to the loco by means of a plastic drawhook. If you are planning on buying one my advice is DON'T.

1) Split chassis is difficult to convert to DCC.

2) Wheelsets consist of wheels integral with a stub axle. There is a plastic/nylon sleeve that the stub axles press into. 2 problems: a. the wheels go out of gauge over time and b. the plastic/nylon sleeves can develop cracks resulting in loss of quartering.

The body and tender are good models. Replacement driver wheelsets can be obtained from Bachmann (the guy who bought mine found fault 2) b. but is up to the challenge.

There is no PB Scot with a modern chassis available AFIK.

Replacing the chassis with a Comet kit is one option but expensive (after wheels, motor and gears) and a lot of work.

John

Thanks John.

The reason I was asking was because I had one & sold it on E bay but the buyer thought it should have a drawbar but I thought the tender just hooked on under the back of the loco with this upward plastic hook ? Looks like I was right.

Archived