DCC in 2mm

bogieman

I have a question about fitting DCC decoders in 2mm locos.

Bizarrely a tank loco seems an easier proposition than some small tender locos, so my question is - where do people fit decoders in small 0-6-0 tender locos (such as a GWR Dean Goods) given that the motor will probably go in the tender (and there won't be room for much more in such a small tender), the boiler/firebox will be filled with the gears and the boiler is probably too small for a "chip" and probably full of lead anyway.

Many thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I would also like to know. As I'm planning on permanent coupling I'm thinking of putting the chip in a carriage/wagon and running seven wires to the engine for track/motor/lamps and firebox. The other way on passenger trains will have two wires running to the last carriage to a Flicker-Free to control the carriage and rear lights. I'm hoping the wires will not get fouled and cause derailments.

• RMweb Premium

I would also like to know. As I'm planning on permanent coupling I'm thinking of putting the chip in a carriage/wagon and running seven wires to the engine for track/motor/lamps and firebox. The other way on passenger trains will have two wires running to the last carriage to a Flicker-Free to control the carriage and rear lights. I'm hoping the wires will not get fouled and cause derailments.

Hi

Do you have space for the CT Electronik DCX74z decoder as it is 9mm x 7.2mm x 2.6mm? Thats the one I used in my tamper and 04.

http://www.dccsupplies.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=24_141_143&products_id=830

Other suppliers are available.

Cheers

Paul

Hi

Do you have space for the CT Electronik DCX74z decoder as it is 9mm x 7.2mm x 2.6mm? Thats the one I used in my tamper and 04.

http://www.dccsuppli...products_id=830

Other suppliers are available.

Cheers

Paul

Thanks for that Paul. In fact several people have already contacted me off-line and I now have one. Amazing, that will go into the boiler in front of the gears and possibly even in the tender with the motor, I'm working on various possible configurations.

Now how about something that size with sound!

That looks really interesting. I'll read up on it. Have you any practical experience with it?

No, but I plan to use it aong with the control software. My idea of playing trains is watching them run, not running a fidde yard.

Archived