RS Tower - new year open house/op session

Glorious NSE

The RS Tower team will be holding an open house & operating session on the 1st January 2010 in the basement of The Salvation Army hall, Friars Gate, Exeter, EX2 4AZ between 10am and 4.30pm.

The entrance to the venue is in Lucky Lane. There is some nearby street parking available (in meter bays) but plenty of nearby parking is available at the Cathedral & Quay car park, there is a step-free walking route from the top deck of the car park to the venue and blue badge holders can also park here free.

Our large RS Tower layout plus a modular branch line will be set up and running all day, showing off it??™s large American trains.

There will be the opportunity to come and talk with the team about our approach to model railroading in general, modular model railroading, car card systems, digital control or other subjects, or to come and take part.

Entry is free but there will be a box available to make a donation to The Salvation Army

Please feel free to forward this to any person/group you think might be interested! wink.gif

post-6762-12597950153876_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Martyn - I like the idea. I would love to come but unfortunately I'm a bit far away (South Staffs) and I don't think SWMBO would appreciate a trip to Exeter!

I have had plans for a number of months to have a regular operating session/group here on my US layout but I don't seem to be able to get the time to get it to a sufficiently presentable state...

However, here's hoping for 2010!

Not a problem - that's a fair trek even in nice weather! blink.gif

We might be at Ardenrail in 2010 (it's not quite yet finalised) - that would be a bit closer! wink.gif

Martyn

I'll be at Arden Rail myself - maybe we'll meet there.

I'm supposed to be taking Montgomery (see my website below) but it needs a bit of work on it before I can let it out in front of paying customers. I might have to take Northpoint instead. That one has already proved it can survive the traumas of exhibitions.

I'm organising a show up here in May - see my post Trent Valley North American Modellers proposed show in Overseas. I'll put something in Exhibitions nearer the time.

Regards,

Archived