Information sought on 1950s/1960s train formations - Royal Highlander, Heart of Midlothian

sixoh8sixoh

Hi all,

I picked up some nicely printed (and reasonably priced) Titled Train Packs from Sankey Scenics at Model Rail Scotland - these include the roof boards for the carriages, the headboard and doors for the end carriages.

I decided to buy packs for The Heart of Midlothian, The Granite City and The Royal Highlander trains, but don't know where to start looking to find train formations for these.

The Granite City and The Heart of Midlothian seem to have run through much of the 50s and 60s, and The Royal Highlander from 1957 to late 60s bearing this style of roof boards and coach destination boards.

Any suggestions of where I might look for this information (or if you have it to hand!) would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Obtain a copy of the Ian Allen book "Passenger Train Formations 1923-83 - LMS-LM Region" by Clive S Carter (ISBN 0-7110-1606-2). This contains the formations of numerous trains, including the 'Granite City' for 1958 and 1964. For these 2 years, the train was entirely Mk.1 stock.

As my copy of the book is dated 1987, a search of second-hand book shops or a well-known auction site may be a good start.

Regards,

Rob

Archived