Steam Engine Crews - Who Supplies?

• RMweb Premium

I need quite a few engine crews. I have only seen the Hornby detail packs, which workout to be an expensive way of obtaining crew.

Anyone know if someone else does engine crew - preferably multiple crews in one pack?

Thanks.

I've trod this path. and like MIB seemed to find them thin on the ground and if a large fleet to equip, become expensive. There were a couple of sets recently on Ebay of the old Hornby unpainted crew that were supplied with a loco, the driver 'sat on a box'. These went for around £9.00 inc p/p. In light of my need for some 20 ish crew sets decided to COPY using Silicon molding rubber and resin, costing around £15.00 for both. Check out using silicon molds also making toy soldiers for How To info on the net. Made some 20 + sets now and when painted quite acceptable, some better than others. As commented to Swimbo, some paraplegic, one arm or a leg, even drivers with a hole in the head, air bubble getting trapped, but can be filled if rest OK. Some early failures but like most things the best way is eventually found. Broke off an Airfix figure arm and repositioned for a standing driver arm outstretched to regulator. Quick setting epoxy ideal. So if up for a money saving and interesting project have a go. Must admit I saved on £4.00post for the resin as it turned out the seller was fairly local so had lunch/wander around Totnes and collected. Beeman.

• RMweb Premium

Falcon Figure/Masterpiece do a large range of 00 engine crew - both painted and unpainted - which fit into specific r-t-r locomotives.

Martin Hill - who runs Falcon Figures - does not have a website, but attends a good many shows in the South East of England.

Contact details are below:

masterpiecefalconfigures@yahoo.co.uk

• RMweb Premium

There were a couple of sets recently on Ebay of the old Hornby unpainted crew that were supplied with a loco, the driver 'sat on a box'. These went for around £9.00 inc p/p.

Another case of Ebay madness- the Hornby detail packs are less than that and postage is a first class stamp.

Thanks for the tip about making your own. I wouldn't have the patience though. Same situation - 20+ locos to crew up.

• RMweb Premium

http://www.ehattons....tockDetail.aspx

These fellows look the part, but they are probably closer to HO than OO.

Saw those - that's more like it price wise - £1 each painted is good VFM. Trouble is that only 2 of the 6 are driving and none are shovelling.

As they are Bachmann surely they are 1:76 / oo?

Archived