Addsion Road MPD

mr miles 73129

Good Morning All!

Having just got my new layout to a point im happy to share i thought id put up a few pictures.

Having just had a year break from modelling (and realising how i missed it) ive decided to get back into it again, my new layout is 00 gauge and as i have a few locos but not much rolling stock i decided to build a depot layout. seeing the artical on Byworth in an old copy of Hornby Magazine really gave me alot of inspiration.

The layout measures 6 foot long by 2 foot wide, it has a shed and coal plant to the right of the layout, and a fuel point and ash plant to the left. at the back of the layout there is a raised enbankment which carries a branch line to the station over a nice bridge were the line goes under to the fiddle yard.

ive included a rough trackplan which i just quickly knocked up on paint, (it shows i know) :)

The track is all code 100 not fine but definatly robust, the buildings are various makes the ash plant is Hornby, coal plant is scratch built, mess room is scratch built, bridge is a Dapol kit, and station and fuel point are knightwing kits.

The loco shed itself im not sure who its made by but it was a cheap purchese off ebay, its defnatly continental and was a 2 road shed but after covering up the bright green plastic with some grey and matt back and making it into a 3 road shed, its come out quite nice. theres still the intreior to detail yet but thats a job for another day.

The various clutter around the site is all different makes which i have picked up cheap off ebay or from the local toy and train fairs.

I have also took the time to install 10 yard lamps which at night really bring the layout to life.

hope you enjoy pictures to follow :)

Reagrds

Adam

post-8352-0-67656000-1335603417.png

Hi Adam

I have just found your Addison Road MPD layout on RM Web.

Great photos and I thoroughly second comments by Hujie, very atmospheric indeed.

Looking forward to more photos, may I ask have you based your layout on any particular MPD from steam days.

Regards

David

Hi chaps,

Thanks for the great comments

I'll keep the photos coming,

The layout itself isn't really based on a perticular place, but the idea of the track on the embankment and shed in the foreground came from what was my local shed 'westhouses' and bits and bobs like the coal plant is based on the one which was at edge hill depot.

Thanks again

Adam

Archived