UTA Lorries

kirley

Wishing to add some UTA vehicles to my layout, I'm trying to source coloured pictures of UTA lorries -the very few I've come across are all black & white? Even the name of colour to use would be most helpful.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks David for your information, I've tried to source the Eau de Nil colour but as yet I can't find any in the model paints range.

The "eau de nil" colour was a bit like "duck egg blue" - a colour used (I think for the underside of aircraft wings, available from Humbrol & Revell) - it was a bit lighter, adding some white would get you close., I would have said it was more blue than that used for the furniture van in david's pic.. Of coure, here we get into the problem of sixties colour photography anyway..

Colm

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

By the 1960s, when I would remember them, most UTA lorries I saw were the light green, with as light bluish tint. This was the same as on some buses, but as far as I remember was subtly greener than the blue / green colour,called Catherwood "blue", as applied to a few railcars and coaches.

Archived